SL3 as sound card for traktor scratch pro (midi only, no turntables) -> DDM400
    Tech Student

Default SL3 as sound card for traktor scratch pro (midi only, no turntables) -> DDM400

Hi,

I'm going to buy an SL3 with Serato Scratch Live for my digital vinyl setup (I'm still using Vinyls only and FS1.5 sometimes!)

I have a DDM4000 mixer and want to use this with my laptop & Traktor scratch Pro to do the midi-only thing every now and then & to get used to Traktor when i'm travelling/bored. I know i have to get a sound card to put between the two. Would the SL3 work or would i definately have to buy an audio8 or 4?

Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

Why use Serato when you have Traktor Scratch Pro??? Go for a Audio 8 or 4 and then you got the DVS.
    Edit: Well if you have Scratch Pro... I guess you have a Cerified Mixer or a Audio 4/8 already.. So I guess you have Traktor Pro (without Scratch). Then I dont know if SL3 can be used as a soundcard for Traktor Pro.
    Upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro or Duo with Audio 8 or 4 is my suggestion.
    Last edited by lourma; 06-09-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    www.discjockey.nu

Traktor Scratch Pro - MacBook Pro 13" - Midi Fighter 3D - Kontrol X1 - tma-1 - Pioneer CDJ-400
    Technics SL1210 MK2 - Allen & Heath Xone PX5

The SL3 won't work with the 'Scratch' in Traktor Scratch Pro.
    In fact I don't think it'll work very well with anything that isn't Serato due to the drivers but I could be wrong.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah originally the SL3 only used proprietary drivers but the Rane website used to say that they were gonna change it so it could be used with coreAudio and Asio drivers.

Dunno if that ever happened.

Tech Student

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I just wanted to know if anyone in here had ever put an SL3 inbetween TSP and a mixer and to know if all channels were picked up and working fine like a normal soundcard, be it with the rane drivers, default windows driver, asio4all or whatever.

For example, i was able to get my old FS 1.5 scratchamp into TSP and get it working as a standard sound card with asio4all once i uninstalled the scratchamp drivers and got windows to see it as an normal USB audio device. Then again the scractchamp would have a better chance of working with TSP than a RANE device.

I guess I don't understand why you want to buy the SL3 and use Serato and at the same time use Traktor. Why not just buy an Audio 8 and TSP and call it a day and use the same software 100% of the time?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
    Hi,
    I want to use Traktor scratch Pro to do the midi-only thing every now and

or would i definately have to buy an audio8 or 4?
    Do you have Traktor Scratch Pro ?