Beatmasher effect self pitch bend?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beatmasher effect self pitch bend?

Hey, this has bugged me for a while now so I thought I'd throw something up.

Firstly, please excuse the shitty sound quality as I'm away from home and don't have many tools, I had to record it via my lappy microphone.

http://soundcloud.com/zacl87/fxrec

This is the beatmasher 2 effect in traktor pro. I had turned it on before I started recording. Firstly you can hear it going up and down by itself, then later in the recording I'm pressing other buttons on my controller.
    I have not affected this in any other way except for pressing unrelated buttons such as loops and play/pause.

Usually I've found it only to be when pressing other buttons, and since it's not really an effect I leave on too long it's not the biggest problem, but sometimes I isolate it to one deck and then it becomes really annoying as I'm applying it the sample is going up and down all crazy.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in traktor or if there's some sort of electrical interference on my machine. Ideas would be nice!
    cheers

Tech Mentor

i get the same thing sometimes with the beatmasher

the effect seems to slow down in pitch

no idea why

Can't get soundcloud at work but won't this happen if you change the bpm 'MASTER' to another source where the bpm is quite different whilst the beatmasher is engaged?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    ...bpm 'MASTER' to another source where the bpm is quite different whilst the beatmasher is engaged?
    Not sure I follow. What do you mean by another source?

Do you mean changing the effected deck's bpm or the non effected deck (in ref to say only effecting one deck with the beatmasher and having the other playing normally)

In this sample I've only got the one deck playing and didn't touch any tempo or pitch bend.

If you stop the beatmashed deck and it is MASTER and you have the clock mode set to AUTO, then the sudden change in master bpm may cause this effect. Much like Ean's delay echo trick. Not sure as I haven't tried this with the beatmasher.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Ahhh sure ok. I actually remember a stopping a deck that was playing by itself - being master - and playing around with the beatmasher and it going crazy so that makes sense.

Will it not happen if the clock's on manual? Why exactly does it happen?
    I suppose that clears it up, but definitely something traktor needs to improve.

The fx section is always synced to the master clock, so if your pitching the master clock the beatmasher will pitch with it - if the master clock stays a solid tempo then the beatmasher will always stay a solid tempo and wont pitch.

I always used manual personally, then assign a knob to edit the pitch - but theres really no method that is the best to use, its all personal preference.

Sweet thanks for that. What's the difference b/w auto and manual anyway? rtfm?

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Sweet thanks for that. What's the difference b/w auto and manual anyway? rtfm?
    r(ing)tfm would help lol.

the difference is pretty much in the name, auto selects which deck to make master, first deck you start is master, then when that stops it jumps to the next one that started, when that stops it jumps again, etc... if you have sync turned on on all decks then they will all always be the same bpm but the master will always be a deck that's playing. manual you have to do it yourself.
    also in auto you can still change the master deck manually, i prefer auto personally as 9/10 times i tend to forget to switch it myself if not.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Thanks BradCee, I did actually have a look at the manual after I posted it but there isn't a great deal of detailed info..

I know that auto will set the master and manual wont, but what are the actual implications of this? I generally try to stay away from using the sync button just to make it more fun by beat matching really. If you don't sync does it even matter which is turned on?

Also I suppose in ref to the thread, if it's in manual will the beatmasher not go all crazy? I haven't had my controller around so I can't test atm..

I generally like to play around 128 bpm and keep it close enough to that level. Probably no less than 126 and not much higher than 130, would it be an option to use a master clock at ~128? If so how hard is this to change if need be?

Thanks for all the comments doggz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast