rapid evolution on mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default rapid evolution on mac

Hey am having some trouble with using rapid evolution on my new 13 inch macbook pro (just bought it like a week ago so i'm not sure what operating system that makes it...)

When I click "detect key" the dialogue box comes up, but then it disappears and no key is registered. This only happens for some though. Sometimes a key does register but it will only come up as a actual key (C minor, A major etc) even though I have the "use key codes" box checked in the options.

Furthermore, the keys don't register in Traktor.

I'm using the suggested JID3 tagger to read and write tags. Any suggestions??

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfletch View Post
    Hey am having some trouble with using rapid evolution on my new 13 inch macbook pro (just bought it like a week ago so i'm not sure what operating system that makes it...)
    I can't help with your main question, but I can with this one. Click on the apple in the upper left corner, then about this mac. Your version number is in the window that pops up. If it's a new laptop it should be 10.5.8. If it's not click on the apple again and select software update.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

ah cheers, it says its osx 10.6.3 if that helps anyone with the answer

Anything shipped as of the end of last year is on snow leopard... 10.6.+

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If it's a new laptop it should be 10.5.8. If it's not click on the apple again and select software update.
    Sorry, I was on iMac that I haven't updated yet, and it was early, and I only had one cup of coffee, and i'm kinda slow in the morning, and.....
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Um…as for everything else, I'm assuming this is your first mac.

Congratulations.

Check out http://www.macosxhints.com/ occasionally for random stuff your new computer can do, as well as http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343 for a lot of keyboard shortcuts just in case you like keyboards.

Also, look into quicksilver (best OS X add-on ever, if you think that way) and make sure you set up Spaces and Exposé to get the most out of it.

As to the actual answer to your question, I don't use RE, but I'd bet that command-comma while it has focus will open up a Preferences window (like it does on >99% of OS X apps) and allow you to change whatever settings you can…just look at all of them, it'll be there somewhere.

Also, please read: http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/11/0...are-smackdown/

All of the key-analysis software kind of sucks, so if you're going to use it, at least know how to hear key clashes for when the software messes up.

Tech Mentor

wow thanks for the mac advice! as for RE i only really use the keys it gives as a really rough guide because i am aware of the fact that its less than half correct!

Tech Mentor

tbh i loved rapid evolution for the mac when i first got it. but after about a week it just kept on messing up on me and stuff. would not recommend it but hey that could of been just me. Lovely program when working well

RE2 is in the works, and from the look of it, it's going to be badass. I don't think the key detection will get any better, but at least it's speed and functionality will, which is what currently kills the experience.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

RE2 is out man?!?!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast