Opinions about what controller to get...

Default Opinions about what controller to get...

So I'm looking to make the jump to computer/controller based DJing from a more traditional CD/Vinyl setup. I've been looking at various controllers through this site and a few others. I'll be using Traktor Pro as the software. The problem is I haven't found a controller or combination of them that seems to fit the bill. One problem is I want to use my existing mixer(Tascam X9), I love it's parametric EQs. So I'd like a controller with a built in sound card that can give me separate channel outs and not just a master/booth out. I'd also like a touch sensitive jog wheel as I still enjoy beatmatching myself and not relying on the software. I don't want a separate sound card/module(I already own a digi002 which I could use if I have to)as I'm trying to keep the footprint as portable as possible. Anyone have any suggestions? I like the look/layout of the American Audio VMS4 but I don't think the audio routing will fit my bill.

Computer=17" MacbookPro
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Convert

A couple of Numark V7s would do it all admirably for you, except the portability bit, if you're happy using Serato Itch:

http://www.numark.com/v7

You COULD get away with one as they're built to be able to, but who wants to DJ with one turntable?
    My blog: Digital DJ Tips
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Wizard

There aren't many controllers out there that have built-in, multiple channel soundcard outputs. However the best one that fits the bill in our situation in my opinion would be the Xone:2D. As it has 4 stereo outs, you will be able to maximize the use of your external mixer, and it's quite portable aside from the fact that it requires a power supply. But it doesn't have touch sensitive jog wheels. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any controller with touch sensitive jogs and a 4 stereo out soundcard.

Otherwise the next best option would be to actually use the soundcard you've got with something like the VCI-100. At least you won't need to be looking for that extra plug in the wall.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic

Yeah, I looked at the xone2D but there's not really a viable pitch fader. I'm also considering the Eks Otus or more likely the Otus RAW if it has the same routing available whenever it comes out but, as DigitalDJTips said, I'm not sure how I feel about DJing with only one controller. The Otus can control 2 but you have to switch back and forth and 2 Otus's plus software(Otus comes with none) is a bit out of my price range right now. Oh well I guess I play the waiting game and save more. Thanks for your suggestions.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors