Really Noob Question for MIDI Mapping
    Tech Convert

Default Really Noob Question for MIDI Mapping

Sup DJTT forums,

I was wondering if any of you could help me. Im using Traktor Scratch Pro with a korg nanoKey and the nanoPad. i use the nano key to control my cue points and was trying, quite in vain, to find out how to set multiple cues with my nanoKey. i found out how to set the multiple cues but i cant for the life of me set a cup for those cue points. so their basically just numbered flags that i cant control with any buttons. can anyone help me out here? i just need to have a button to play the cues separately with a different button for each different cue. i feel like a retard not being able to figure it out. thanks so much in advance dudes.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm at work so I don't have Traktor in front of me, and I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I think your using the wrong command. There should be one called set/play hot cue, then you have to tell it which hot cue. Do that for each button.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'm at work so I don't have Traktor in front of me, and I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I think your using the wrong command. There should be one called set/play hot cue, then you have to tell it which hot cue. Do that for each button.
    basically what i am trying to do is set multiple cues for a song. i want to like set different cues for like a kick, a snare, a vocal phrase etc. just setting multiple cues to play around with a song. im messing with the hot cues and its not getting me the results i need. its just giving me one set cue / play cue.

you gotta line up the track till you are at your sample. Then you gotta click on one of the Cue numbers. 1 to 8.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    you gotta line up the track till you are at your sample. Then you gotta click on one of the Cue numbers. 1 to 8.

i already know how to do that. but my problem is controlling those cue's with the buttons on my nanoKey. and setting them with my controller.

Tech Student

In traktor go to File > Preferences > Controller Manager. Press "Add-in" under the 'assignment table' section. Scroll down to "Cue/Loops" then "Select/Set + Store Hotcue" in the submenu. Click on "Learn" in the device mapping section then hit the key on your nano you want to correspond to the cue point. Click off "learn" and it should work. This works like a cue but I'm not sure how to get to act as cue play. Assign the rest of the hot cues to different nano keys by repeating the process.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by spvarious View Post
    In traktor go to File > Preferences > Controller Manager. Press "Add-in" under the 'assignment table' section. Scroll down to "Cue/Loops" then "Select/Set + Store Hotcue" in the submenu. Click on "Learn" in the device mapping section then hit the key on your nano you want to correspond to the cue point. Click off "learn" and it should work. This works like a cue but I'm not sure how to get to act as cue play. Assign the rest of the hot cues to different nano keys by repeating the process.
    this is so frustrating ;p
    so i went to my midi mapping settings and i dont even have select/set or store hotcue. i have "map hotcue" and "select hotcue." ive messed around with both of those options, mapped them to different keys, and they really dont seem to do anything. is this due to the version i have? again i have traktor scratch pro ver. 1.1.1.001

thanks for all the replies so far. cheers.

Tech Mentor

1.Go into midi mapping

2. Go to Add->Cue/Loops -Select Hotcue

3. Under Assignment click the deck for the hotcue, then under set to value, select the hotcue you want to trigger.

4. Once all this is done click learn and hit the key.

5. Exit out and hit the key to trigger cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    again i have traktor scratch pro ver. 1.1.1.001
    the updates are free, just use service center to update to 1.2.6

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud