Four Deck midiFighter Companion Mapping
    Tech Mentor

Default Four Deck midiFighter Companion Mapping

This mapping is for Traktor Pro version 1.2.6

And it's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Ean's mappings are good, sure, but they're not at all geared towards what I feel the midiFighter should be: a secondary controller used to support another one. (VCI-100, Xone DX/3D, BCR, whatever.) So I trawled through Traktor's midi mapper (which is a pain to do with a trackpad) and brought this into being.

A brief explanation of the buttons:

The controller is divided up into four sections (6, if you want to count the shift buttons): one for each deck. With none of the shift buttons held, each button will set+store or jump to its corresponding cue point, ideal for cue juggling.

With the BLUE SHIFT button held down (lower left corner button) Pressing any of the cue buttons will activate the beatmasher effect for the deck that cue point would normally correspond to. (activate meaning load the effect in slot 3, set the leng parameter to the appropriate value, and activate effect slot 3 for the proper deck) To stop the effect, let go of the cue button, then let go of the shift button. To keep the effect going without having to hold the buttons down, let go of hte shift button first.

With the RED SHIFT button held down, a combination of the above two functions will occur. You will jump to (or set) a cue point as usual, and the beatmasher effect will also be triggered (it's defaulted at 1/8th for this, but you can easily change that).

If you press both the RED and BLUE shift buttons at the same time, you get FX mode, or GREEN SHIFT. You don't have to hold both shift buttons down for this, and the bottom two corner lights stay on while you're in this mode. To exit FX mode, just press either of the shift buttons again. The top two rows of buttons control advanced FX banks (I have them in slots 3 and 4) and the bottom three buttons used for decks C and D toggle chained FX in slots 1 and 2. All the buttons here are set to HOLD mode, not TOGGLE. However, if you hold any of the buttons down and then exit FX mode, the button will stay ON until you toggle it off with another controller, or go back into FX mode and press the button again.

This might all sound terribly complex, but believe me when I say that once you start playing with it, it's /really/ easy to get the hang of.

Extra Features / Annoying Light Show:

I like blinking lights, and the little blue LEDs on my midiFighter make me happy, so I threw in the following two features:

The LED corresponding to Cue 1 for each deck will blink in time to the beat for whatever track is playing! Assuming, that is, that you have the track gridded properly. This is also a handy way to see which tracks are playing without looking at your laptop, which is handy. (protip: if the LED is blinking, the track is playing. If the track is stopped on a beat (the white markers of the grid) the light will stay on.)

Similarly, the LED corresponding to Cue 2 for each deck will light up whenever its track has a loop active! Also handy!

If the light shows bother you, well, they're easy enough to turn off yourself by simply deleting each entry in the mapping tool.

Questions, comments, suggestions, etc are all welcome!
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

great work! my 4d is in the mail as we speak (won it on ebay for 1700!). this should be perfect for it.

Tech Mentor

Hey man,

Do you have a larger picture showing the mappings?- I can't read what you have on each button and it might make it a bit clearer.

Cheers man,

Tech Mentor

Tech Mentor

Ohhh - looks good - I think I really need to get thinking about shift buttons etc when I get my MidiFighter !

Tech Wizard

demo youtube video maybe?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djtim View Post
    demo youtube video maybe?
    Not gonna promise anything, but stay tuned.

Yep i second the video idea - always easier to understand when u can see it in action