Anyone use the beats info in the deck details?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone use the beats info in the deck details?

I was following the PDF below to learn how to beatgrid and it teaches you how to use the 1.1.1 beat counter to help properly beatgrid and easily find phrase changes in the track.

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial2.aspx

The PDF has you set it for 8 bars per phrase (Preferences > Transport > Beats) and set the deck details so you can see the beat counter. It's been working well with most tracks I've been gridding lately-- the beat counter changes to xx.1.1 right as the track changes phrases.

One issue I noticed tonight is with tracks that have a long breakdown in the middle with no beat. The beat counter will be right on with the phrasing in the beginning of a track. After the 1-2+ minute long breakdown in the middle with no beat, the beat always comes back on an off phrase, like 12.4.1 when it should come somewhere like 13.1.1. From then on the phrasing is off and changes don't happen on xx.1.1 like they should.

These tracks are house/tech house/trance tracks, all downloaded from Beatport. The two tracks I'm referring to are...

Deadmau5 - Strobe (Club Edit)
    Riva Starr - I Was Drunk

Anyone have this issue?

Tech Guru

I use it and I love it, yeah i know what you are talking about how it goes off after a breakdown, but that jsut sometrihng you are going to have to get used to.

But there is something you can do, set the griding to begin as soon as the breakdown ends.

Personally I just use it for counting the 1,2,3,4 beats.

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I've tried to use it before, but it usually just messes me up. So I went back to the old school way of just counting in my head.

Yeah I don't really count either. Just have a feeling, like
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

The beats read out isn't that useful, what is really useful is the "beats to cue" counter. If you put a cue on, say, when the beat comes back in after the break, you can better sync up your phrases.

Counting in your head doesn't work when there's an extra four beats at the end of a phrase, unless you know this beforehand.

Tech Wizard

My main concern is that I want the breakdown to still stay in time. Since the track is in time when there is a beat, I just want to make sure something is messed up during that breakdown that takes it out of time.