Setup

Thread: Setup

Tech Wizard

Default Setup

Hi,

Is it possible to use the Vestax VCI 100 connected to my pc and use my creative soundblaster x-treme music soundcard to run it at home? I don't yet have the NI Audio 8 DJ and I don't have a mixer at home.

Thanks in advance.

if Creative make ASIO drivers for that card then you can.
    Otherwise you can use ASIO4ALL to make a virtual asio device. It's a bit late for me to go into this and I havn't used A4A in a while but theres a starting point for you to read up on.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Wizard

My creative does have an ASIO driver but I can't get sound to come out without losing control with the Vestax. I can only get sound from one deck but there doesn't seem to be anyway of adjusting to play both decks.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by steverido; 06-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Tech Wizard

I have now got the ASIO driver working but I am assuming because I have not got the 1.3 firmware update then the DJtechtools tsi file will not work correctly! I have tried it but the B deck will not sync.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the tone that plays every time I press a key?

I think the fact you can't load the .tsi and the tone you are getting mean you need to update your version of the Traktor software...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

My version Of Traktor is 3.2.4 so it is current. The audible sound seems like it is built into the Vestax and there must be a way of shutting it down.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The current version of Traktor Duo/Pro is 1.2.6 and I think even Traktor 3 was last at 3.3.something
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I have just updated to the latest traktor and loaded my library but say if I load a track I get a pinging sound and it is the same if i press a button to sync or cue. I have noticed also that this time on loading library it is suggesting that some of my mp3's are corrupted. I haven't done anything accept load them and they play fine in windows media player.

The ASIO drivers that come with your Creative will be utter gash, like Creative soundcards generally, unfortunately. Install asio4all. The VCI-100 doesn't make any sounds of it own. Sounds like the midi input from the VCI was being routed out to your Creative soundcards Soundfont player or something. Anyway, Creative ASIO out, asio4all in.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud