Beeeeennnnnttttoooooo

Default Beeeeennnnnttttoooooo

this message is directed to bento because im assuming he will see it, but also if anyone could help me out that would be great, to my understanding the midi fighter in its newest mapping is set up to what i think is different parameters of beatmasher or some other effect in order to give a proper loop roll effect, i i sent a message to ean golden asking about it and he said that he forwarded my message to bento to help me out, i have been waiting over a week and got nothing, anyone?, bento?, plz help

I believe Bento is currently engaged in diplomatic efforts to shore up the fragile peace between North and South Korea. In the mean time, I'm sure there are other Midifighters on here. Whats the problem?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

the problem is i want to program a function that is on the midi fighter, but i dont have one, so i dont know how to set the parameters to create a loop roll

maybe if someone could even just tell me wich cc in the mapping with wid mod or w/e is those functions, that way when i select it it will highlight all other commands, and i can copy them and recreate, its accually for my modded versions of eans oxygen 8 mapping believe it or not
    Last edited by Dj.You.S.Bee; 06-11-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: add more

Hmm thats odd i didnt see the message in my inbox, possible i might have accidentally archived it - ill look into that :\ My apologizes !

Annnnnyway to create a loop roll you need to put the beatmasher in an fx slot and create a couple of midi mappings.

1 to set the beatmash size to the length you want it with a direct, button mapping for that fx slot - this is the midi assignment "Effect * amount"

Then another set to "toggle" to turn that effect on and off - this is the midi assignment "Effect * on"

i've got this on my cue juggle buuttons, but as there's more effects i like to use than i have slots for, i also have effect select set on there to.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Default thanks Bento

ok i think i can figure this out i am very tech savy, to be honest i cant believe i didnt think of that, but just so u know bento i think you might have forgotten to mention the dry wet to %100 is what im assuming, that way you wont hear any of the original track and just that loop that is rolling. thanks Bento!

ok bento, i might need a bit of help, plz read close

ok so after spending over an hour trying to get this to work, im close, but i need confirmation on some things, first of all, "if you understand" i took the knob on my oxygen 8 that ean had mapped to an auto beatslicer effect, also triggering a modifier that lets me uses pitch bend and modulation wheel to move effect parameters 2 and 3, keep in mind this is an advanced effect, i also removed changed the effect on button attached to the knob to another modifier so if i wanna use eans effect i can and if i wanna use mine i dont hold the modifier so i can bring the dry/wet upto 100% before i turn it on, then i map a key on my controller to turn the effect on as a hold function and also to change effect parameters 1 and 2 in order to give a proper beatmash effect, parameted 2 i had no problem with figuring out as the rot is a delay to how long it takes to roll so i set it to direct and 0, buuut when it came to setting parameter 1 it got tricky, my guess is to set it at direct as .600, this sounds very close and alot better then all the rest, but when i do the rool, it gives a miniscule wierd sound as it goes into it, and i know it shouldnt be happening, then i startted to get a little confused, so i took the newest midi fighter mapping with the loop rolls and imported it just to look at it, i then realized/(tell me if im wrong) that the loop roll on the midi fighter mapping is a chained effect, so now im a little confused, i just manually set it to chained beatmasher, and .800, and it sounded proper, like it should i think, sooo my question basically what do u think the beatmasher in chained fx is setting the effect param 1/gate to, definately not 0, and i have no idea, but i cant seem to match it, and i would like to keep it an advanced effect so i can still uses eans beatmasher. thanks alot in advance, sorry for being so complicated
    Last edited by Dj.You.S.Bee; 06-12-2010 at 01:47 AM.