Ableton Live VSTs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ableton Live VSTs

I love DJTT's tsi for Traktor, but am now in the process of a switch to using Ableton.

I really like the slice/stutter effect in the Traktor tsi from DJTT, where the button will repeat/re-slice a tiny sample, with holding the song up. I like it as I could create slices and then use the filters to create a build up and drop it back when there's a good kick in the normal song still running in the background behind the sampled slice.

Is there any VST for Ableton able to do the same kind of thing?

Cheers.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Mudo

Could you put an example video please?

You mean the beatmasher ?

I have been working out how to recreate that in M4L actually

I mean something like this (effect used at 1:30 ish, 1:47 ish, 4:25 ish, 4:35 ish and in bits throughout):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TlpDcXEaQ
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

effectrix works great for things like this.

How easy is effectrix to use in a live scenario when DJing?

My intention is to DJ using Live, using a VCI 100 to control regular mixer controls + effects and then use a Novation Launchpad to run clips etc. Would effectrix work in that scenario?

Also, realised it's quite expensive for the sake of one effect, so an alternative option would be good.
    Last edited by Bunford; 06-14-2010 at 12:51 PM.

pm'ed

Anyone know of an easy to use beat masher for Ableton Live? I like DJTT's Traktor TSI in the way you can press a button and it'll put in the beat masher in sync with the track.

Just need something similar and as easy to use for Ableton Live to use in a live DJ set scenario.

Can you not use Ableton's built in beat repeat to achieve something similar. You should be able to set it up to do a 1/4 beat repeat fully wet or something, then just map the on/off control to a button and turn it on when wanted.

This should allow the track to carry on underneath too for dropping back on the beat.

If not beat repeat, maybe simple delay, or a combination in a chain. Either way I am sure there must be an easy way to recreate this in Ableton with it's native tools.

That sounds perfect! I'm still a noob with Ableton and not really got my teeth into it yet. A cross between waiting to buy a Novation Launchpad and the missus nagging that I spend too much time doing what she calls "little kiddy music stuff" on my PC!

Might look into this as I hope I'll have loads of time this weekend to get to grips with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast