Controller scratchies

Default Controller scratchies

Just wondering if many people here use their controllers to scratch or 'finger pop' as the kids would say.

From my understanding most people here are into like house/electro and not anything slow, but do any of you scratch samples into your sets or what have you?

I've only recently started to play around with my jog settings to make it good enough for transport as well as giving me some scratching capability. Probably like many of you I was pretty deep into hip hop before I moved more into electro and imo scratching samples definitely adds a lot to what could be a boring song.

Are there any settings for Tpro that people recommend? or maybe a good technique for small jogs?

I fucked around with a couple of tracks here - http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/18364456/file.html

if anyone's interested, thought it was funny to use that skit track.

I'm not too good with mappings yet so I kinda just reduced the sensitivity and what not of my jog.

I think scratching and using cues is something that would put a digital dj streets ahead of others but without a nice vinyl to use I find it hard to be accurate, especially around 130 bpm.

Just thought I'd throw a thread up to anyone who's interested!

I would love to learn. Been fiddling a bit with it but not really getting anywhere. I have a Hercules RMX, and those jogs are anything but ideal for the job, so I guess that's part of the problem. Ideally you'd be using timecode for scratching, but unfortunately I don't have the budget to acquire a timecode setup at the moment.

I'd imagine using timecode would give a more realistic feeling to the jog? I find there's a long delay between when you let go of my jog and when it continues to play. Pretty annoying but I've just had to adjust to be able to time it.

I can imagine on the hercules! And the budget, there is so much good digital gear now man I don't think I'll ever have the budget!