a n00b question for all of you dj's out there
    Tech Convert

Default a n00b question for all of you dj's out there

hello all, i'm fairly new to controllerism and i'm instantly in love with it. i wish i'd discovered this years ago.

my question is what's the best crossfader curve setting to use with scratching? the scratching that i'm doing is more or less for build up / transition as opposed to scratching as an art form. i've been tooling around here and there and not really getting the desired sound or effect i'm looking for.

any help or advice would be amazing!

thanks!

ctrld

when you're scratching, you're essentially cutting up a piece of audio. so the best curve setting is the hardest you can get on your unit with the shortest possible cut-in (distance the fader has to travel before the sound is audible), so you can perform quick "fader clicks".

scratching is an art form no matter how you do it. some people are just better at it then others
    Last edited by ctrld; 06-16-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Tech Convert

i'm learning more and more and finding it's definitely something that's gonna take a long time to become good at.

thanks for the response.

ctrld

no problem. I'm far from being a proper turntablist myself, it really takes a lot of practice.

you can take a look at the "qbert's complete DIY vol. 1: skratching" DVD. it won't turn you into <insert famous turntablist of choice here>, but it might help you see stuff you weren't even looking for in the first place...
    Last edited by ctrld; 06-16-2010 at 06:12 PM.