Traktor Cue Point Question.

Default Traktor Cue Point Question.

Have I read the Traktor manual. yes.
    Have I searched. yes.
    Have I probably overlooked the answer. yes.

So now I ask you all, when a track is playing and you can visually see a cue point marker that you made about to come up, with hundreds of songs in your library, how do you know what purpose the cue point serves?

I guess what I'm saying is, if you set a cue point marker to remind you to activate an FX or something like that and write it in there as well, perhaps "gator, 3/4 wet," when it comes to that point in the song, it just goes right bye it, never displaying it for you to see. The only way I have found to see if you have any such cue points that you don't remember from memory is to use the drop down box, or scroll through them before playing the song.

I guess it would be nice to see what cue point was abotu to come up before it actually got to it, or even when it did just get to it, but I'm not finding it like that...Am I wrong?

Very good point this has bugged me before. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Wouldn't you get bored doing shit like that? Just like following instructions imo - 'push button now!', 'start mixing!, bass down!, make sure you're wearing your red shirt!'

I guess it would be good here and there for important parts of maybe a difficult track, but just making shit up is more fun; for me anyway.

Maybe you could code them for yourself, like cue 1 is effect ..., cue 2 is like 16 bars from mixing etc.. I understand your point though, seems like something pretty simple for traktor to put in

Yeah I definitely see you point about being spontaeous. Some of my tracks though, there are specific parts that sound ill with certain effects thanks to some sort of crazy effect already in the track. It's just a nice reminder. Does seem like something simple though, yes.

Yep, you could wander over to the NI 'feature request' forum and add your +1 to the topics related to this...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Maybe NI could make place this next to the "cruise" button.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

werd

once the point is stored, you can name it "Bieber Blows" or anything else that takes your fancy.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "