Question about Traktor, Ableton and the A&H DX
    Banned

Default Question about Traktor, Ableton and the A&H DX

Just read the review on the front page for the DX and it looks very enticing, but I have a few questions that I hope the people who have hand on experience with it can answer.

Simply put, can I route audio from an external source, i.e. Ableton, in to the DX and thus have it route in to a deck on Traktor so I can use the built in Traktor FX on the external audio source?

ctrld

basically, I'd say yes. traktor can apply effects to a deck set to audio through and there are ways to virtually (and physically, of course) route audio from application to aplication; but the solution varies depending on which OS you use, so you'd have to share that information first.

if you want my opinion, using traktor effects on audio from ableton live is like taking a porsche and driving around the corner to get cigarettes... but do your thing

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    basically, I'd say yes. but the solution varies depending on which OS you use, so you'd have to share that information first.

if you want my opinion, using traktor effects on audio from ableton live is like taking a porsche and driving around the corner to get cigarettes... but do your thing
    But when you pull up to that convenience store, you're gonna be the baddest dude in the parking lot.

Then someone bumps a shopping cart into your Porsche and the rest is downhill from there.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    But when you pull up to that convenience store, you're gonna be the baddest dude in the parking lot.
    "dayum!"

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Then someone bumps a shopping cart into your Porsche and the rest is downhill from there.
    "daaayum!"

Banned

I understand what you're saying about using Traktors FX on Ableton, and I understand the power of building custom FX chains in Ableton. But when I want to just use a bit of delay of or verb,the controls are right there in Traktor and a lot more convenient.

But if it is possible to route audio from an external source into a deck on Traktor and be able to use Traktors built in FX I am seriously thinking about picking on of these up and having at it.

On that note, they mentioned that A&H might becoming out with a similar mixer/controller more geared towards Traktor. Does anyone have any info on this?