Seems everyone is going the App way.

http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znDjECKLtBE&feature

Any use to anyone?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

eghhh...one thing I really dislike about the ipad or any touch screen for that matter is not really being able to control buttons/knobs/faders exactly.

I don't have an ipad but on my ipod touch I find if I whenever I am dragging it never goes EXACTLY how I want it to go. It's always slightly off when I lift my finger up. All these fancy apps on the ipad look cool but how the hell can somebody control all those buttons/knobs/faders when they have to do it relatively fast?

Maybe I am just not good with touch screens, but that seems like a fairly big issue considering if a fader for example is slightly off from desired, the result can sound like hell.

Three menu selections just to find an LFO slider?

You get all the controls but they're so far apart, using it as a live performance device means you have large gaps in your performance where nothing changes as you hunt and peck to get to the control you want to tweak.

Provide a "breakout" page where you can map the controls you'll need for a performace onto one or two pages and then maybe it might be useful.