what software do you use to remix?

Default what software do you use to remix?

Hello.

I would like to start to learn how to remix songs. I'm not finding the right material needed on the internet such as tutorials and etc.

I currently only spin my sounds. Now and then I use mixers for efx and so on...
    Apart from that I also produce music, sounds, loops and use them in my sets except that I do not know how to do a remix and how to start?

What if a song was 95bpm and I want to remix it to a 128bpm?What do I do and how do I start to lay out things?

Oh by the way, i work with logic and traktor.

Thanks.

- Moe

Tech Wizard

on logic it would be a case of time stretching and finding where the beat begins on acapellas and such
    Macbook, M-Audio Xponent, Akai MPD24, Virtual DJ

Tech Convert

If you can, try and lay your hands on a copy of Ableton Live.

Ideal for remixing and warping!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by jonlambert View Post
    If you can, try and lay your hands on a copy of Ableton Live.

Ideal for remixing and warping!

Yea. Ableton would be the program. Logic has you clicking too many buttons to do the same thing. And of course the warping and timestretching problem that logic doesn't have.

What if a song was 95bpm and I want to remix it to a 128bpm?

Tech Convert

Well, warping using ableton can certainly achieve that, however that's such a big change you may find it sounds dreadful just sped up.

If I were you I'd have in mind the sort of structure you want, before just diving in there!

okay... so lets pretend i have a vocal of 95bpm. And i created a complete layout of my imagination at about 128 bpm as said before.... where do i start?

did i start right by first makin the beat or are there some steps i should reconsider first before doin that? how do i know the vocals will or can match my layout?

and thats why i was askin if its possible to do it in logic cuz the layout was done produced in logic... so this means i have to transfer the whole project to live abelton right? is there no way to do it directly there?

Tech Convert

There is really no set way to remix a song, you just need to listen.
    For me, I lay down the vocal track then begin to play instruments over it to get the melody and hook (generally). But it really does just depend on how you want to do it.

Unfortunately there is no magic 'remix' button, it's pretty much like writing a new song from the basis of another. Get to grips with your software first, then start messing about to find some sounds that sound good.