OT; Doctor Who series finale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT; Doctor Who series finale

-possible spoiler alert if you're watching it on iplayer later-

so with the sport thing that's on being a bit shit (apparently), did anyone give up on it and watch part 1 of the doctor who series finale last night?

massive f'ing twist to the plot right at the end, honestly didn't see it coming. but was thinking maybe the master was somehow in there or some other timelordy thing.

and a dalek/cybermen alliance, wtf? putting the trap together using amys mind was cool though.

can't see how part 2 will play out though? river appears to have died, but she hasn't been to the library yet, or the planet with the weeping angels, no more tardis and the doctor is stuck in that thing. and dead amy!! was the only thing that made this series worth watching, imo, don't care too much for matt smiths doctor, preferred david tennants. shows my lack of age there

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

I've loved this series and new Dr/companion. Much prefer him to David Tennant who too often was either a gurning idiot or Christ-like figure.

Steven Moffat is a much better series runner than Russell T Davies, I've cringed a lot less at the writing in this series than the other recent ones.

Well,

We know that series 6 will have both Matt's Doctor and Amy returning, but not sure how it will come about.

If I remember correctly, the TARDIS is powered by a type of blackhole/quantum singularity, and is one of the few things in the universe that can cause (and sustain) an actual paradox to exist. With that in mind, it could be possible to undo the events that led to the paradox's formation, but it would have to be an outside force.

Oh, the possibilities!
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

Thank god its ending i rekon, waaaaaaaay too much of a comedy factor in the newer versions that just leaves me smaking my head against a brick wall. Wish the series was alot more serioUus so i could have actaully suspended beleif.

Sorry to anyone out there who liked the series but thats just how i feel about it.

Hope they try again with a more serious version so i git something interesting to watch in the little time i do watch tv.

Loving the series not watched it in years, so it's been really good can't wait for the last part..

Yeah, this bumbling egotistical asexual Doctor IS the Doctor. No Tennant histrionics here thanks. Love it.
    Knew something big was gonna go down but didn't see the twist at the end with the thingummy. Roll on next week...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Jack Bastard

The writing is so much better than under RTD; I particularly liked the bit about 'the goblin with the blood of a thousand suns on his hands' and 'I hate good wizards in fairytales, they always turn out to be him'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    The writing is so much better than under RTD; I particularly liked the bit about 'the goblin with the blood of a thousand suns on his hands' and 'I hate good wizards in fairytales, they always turn out to be him'.

i liked that all the descriptions of what was in the box could be used to describe the doctor (any incarnation) from the view of his enemies.

maybe captain jack will randomly show up and save the doctor next week?

SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

Under the last showrunner; probably. Under this one; I doubt it. Too much of a deus ex machina for Moffat I think.

This has been the best Who I think I've ever seen. Good on you Moffat.

so far i prefer the series that had the master in, but depending on how this one plays out i could be persuaded to change my mind.

but this is my favorite moment ever

Daleks vs Cybermen Trash Talk

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast