Soundproofing on a budget - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Old carpet scraps work pretty well to. And if you go to a carpet store, they will usually hook you up.

+1 on carpet. hang it with a few inches of space between the wall and carpet, if possible. I've used carpet in several garages for my punk band to practice in and it works pretty well. The drum riser is a good idea as well.

Another good idea is to warn your neighbors and ask them to call you instead of the cops if it's too loud.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Is it possible to add pics to this thread, guys?
    (Would love to see some home made solutions & studios! )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Soon ima be knock down a wall joining my bedroom and stuio room, then im going to soundproof the thing and add some serious room treatment.

Still reasearching exact how ima pull it off so ill keep an eye on this thread for sure

When im done ill start a new thread with pics n stuff of exactly how i pulled everything off.

Tech Guru

Me and my wife are looking into houses she doesn't know it yet but I won't look at a house that doesn't have some kind of studio space like area that I can convert I like the carpet idea that is what I would do for a budget I mean you they have to have heaps of the stuff. I tried looking up gyprock and looked at there site it looks just like sheetrock or something I couldn't quite tell what the soundproofing features were of it.

Tech Guru

gyprock is like sheetrock. sheetrock is decent at soundproofing. It has mass. If it has mass, it dampens sound. If it has mass, and sealed airports as well, its even better.

Tech Guru

Hey guys great suggestions here, I should note we're in a condo unit and we're at the end of the unit. It's decent because our place has concrete between us the next place so I think my main concern is the ceiling really. I think i'll go with the idea of heavy blankets, the ceiling isn't finished in the basement so you can see the wood and what not, would some thick ghetto cushions work?

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Me and my wife are looking into houses....
    Well, almost the same here, only my fiancee is looking harder for me to have my own studio in our new house.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Thick Curtains with large valleys in them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast