Soundproofing on a budget - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Josh, that was a cool vid.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    That was an awesome video and the tire trick might work good with a drum stand.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ok this has already been said but im going to repeat it anyway just to help the point get through.

Curtains and soft furnishing are not that useful for sound proofing, but quite useful for acoustic treatment (helping to prevent reflections).

Mass is what stops helps to soundproof ! That and cavities between your sound proofing layers so the vibrations dont follow through the lumps of mass.

Same goes with egg cartons, they offer very very poor soundproofing, however they can be helpful with the acoustics (though not as good as other easier but slightly more expensive alternatives).

Infact.... i think we should write up an article on this subject - i will do this when i am working on my own room next when i finish up on the job if someone doesnt beat me to the punch. Alot of work ahead though so don't expect something next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Ok this has already been said but im going to repeat it anyway just to help the point get through.

Curtains and soft furnishing are not that useful for sound proofing, but quite useful for acoustic treatment (helping to prevent reflections).

Mass is what stops helps to soundproof ! That and cavities between your sound proofing layers so the vibrations dont follow through the lumps of mass.

Same goes with egg cartons, they offer very very poor soundproofing, however they can be helpful with the acoustics (though not as good as other easier but slightly more expensive alternatives).

Infact.... i think we should write up an article on this subject - i will do this when i am working on my own room next when i finish up on the job if someone doesnt beat me to the punch. Alot of work ahead though so don't expect something next week.
    there was a good article a couple of years back in that aussie magazine 'Audio Technology' on DIY soundproofing for the home studio... i'll see if i still have the mag floating around as it had some good ideas in it.

Default noise dampening curtains

you can use noise dampening curtains, it'll be within your budget. They are usually suspended on a roof deck, with or without roof curtain. With roof curtain, the acoustic performance is much better. Without it, you got better visibility and ventilation which does good to temperature reduction. After all, some noisy machines or equipments also generate lots of heat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123