The "what I learned today" thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    @ctrld do you also use 'reset mixer settings upon track load' ?
    yeah. I mix externally (evo5) so that applies only to key & pan, but turned out to be a lifesaver many times. like I said, I only had that problem a long time ago.

edit: whoops, I was reading & posting too fast (deck setttings != mixer settings, apparently). I don't know which one it is, I just have traktor reset EVERYTHING upon track load to adoid fu... mishaps

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    @ctrld do you also use 'reset mixer settings upon track load' ?
    Noooo, that one also puts the line fader all the way UP! When I thought I was being smart by turning this on, I couldn't figure out why a track always started out the master when I went to cue it :eek:

So I don't like that one for internal mixing!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Pro-tip I have yet to apply : if you're gonna have keyboard mappings for critical functions such as play/pause/cue, trigger them with multiple keypresses to reduce the risk of fµckµp$.
    ie : I have space and backspace bound to play/cue for when I'm fiddling in traktor with no controllers and should really remap these to shift+space, shift+backspace or something similar. As a result I've paused a playing deck a few times in practice when typing something with the search box not focused...
    This applies to the DJTT mappings. On one of the 3_x (not the current one), Ean has the Delete key as a play/pause (I think he uses it in his beat gridding keyboard mapping). Here I am changing my mind about what song I want to search for and BAM the track stops!

ALWAYS check a TSI for play/pause in the keyboard mappings.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

I learned to never dj at an event run by first time organisers, Unless you have full trust in them... Drove 100 miles, booked a hotel. Gig got called off beuause they couldn't rig the sound system, When i got there at 12 o 'fucking' clock !

Quote Originally Posted by dry_bones View Post
    I learned today that if I smoke weed, that navigating my track library becomes next to impossible, but pressing the pads on my interface [with the lights and all], become strangely pleasing...
    i lol'd

I learned today that DJ'ing is expensive when you own cats that like to play with wires. FML.

if you didnt take the hint: My cat just chewed over 3 cables and knocked down a pair of KRK monitors (Which are now broken) along with my soundcard (which is now also broken). Thankfully my DDM mixer didn't get hurt, but my floortiles cracked upon impact.

Tech Mentor

@looneygeorge ,

Try claiming insurance on that.
    Tough break.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Very similar. If one of your channels has no output, and you have no idea why. Check your filter. Sometimes i mix out by slowly filtering out to nothing, and then i forget to reset the filter. The first few times i did this, i went as far as checking connections before i realized what i had done.
    This is the one thing that stands out to me, o nthe Xone 4D you have 3 types of filter and the one i mainly use is back to front in how you turn the knob, always funny when I have in the past started a mix to find i have picked wrong filter and cut the track mid mix lol that lesson was learnt properly on the second time of use!

Quote Originally Posted by mixmonster5 View Post
    @looneygeorge ,

Try claiming insurance on that.
    Tough break.

Lose the cat!

I like cats.....but this one seems to be ofF.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

me and the missus got a kitten a few weeks ago, she either sleeps on my xone 4D or gets on my desk where i have my mac and watches the screen as i play around with Ableton, it actually facinates me to watch her lol rather then do work

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast