The "what I learned today" thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Very similar. If one of your channels has no output, and you have no idea why. Check your filter. Sometimes i mix out by slowly filtering out to nothing, and then i forget to reset the filter. The first few times i did this, i went as far as checking connections before i realized what i had done.
    Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    +2000
    +20 bazillion. I think I do this nearly every day. And don't forget there's a pan knob in Traktor that will send signal out of left or right only.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I learned Maschine is a powerful program to make drum track loops. But its missing a apeggiator.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by wasapa View Post
    double check what deck your midifighter is focused on before hittin cue 1 and starting the song from the begining
    Damn right, I have the same problem with my mapping and some focus oriented functions (I use the Move with focus)

I usually forget to switch back to play mode when i have switched to Juggle Mode on the VCI-100.

!!!

Also....i learnt recently that the USB cables make a big difference.

I had some good some bad cables....then bought a pair from DJTT.

Hooked it up....and it was a lil BOOST to my system. Nice and tight!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I discovered to listen to other artists sets. Example: I've liked Moonbeam a long time, but only recently listened to a couple of podcasts featuring them. And yeah, I've gotten some inspiration, ideas and tracks
    Just look out for mixing techniques, track selection, buildups (slow/mellow in the beginning or just full-out instantly) and FX usage.

ctrld

traktor pro tip (): activate "reset deck settings on track load" if you're a maniac who likes to go wild with key, pan and fx... and have one keyboard mapping to reset and switch off all effects on all decks in case sh*t happens and your controller dies on you (not funny when a nanopad gets stuck in note-on with a beatmasher).

lesson learned during the first few weeks after switching to traktor.

@ctrld do you also use 'reset mixer settings upon track load' ?

Pro-tip I have yet to apply : if you're gonna have keyboard mappings for critical functions such as play/pause/cue, trigger them with multiple keypresses to reduce the risk of fµckµp$.
    ie : I have space and backspace bound to play/cue for when I'm fiddling in traktor with no controllers and should really remap these to shift+space, shift+backspace or something similar. As a result I've paused a playing deck a few times in practice when typing something with the search box not focused...

Tech Wizard

I learned today that if I smoke weed, that navigating my track library becomes next to impossible, but pressing the pads on my interface [with the lights and all], become strangely pleasing...

Tech Guru

Macros save my butt all the time.
    Macros meaning, loading a deck automatically turns off key lock, turns off loop active, resets eq, and turns off and resets FX to default, focuses deck, etc.

Entering or leaving juggle mode automatically resets my beat jump lengths to a default length I use most.

(For steady tempos on multiple beatgridded decks) Changing tempo on a deck sets that deck to master, sync-locks all playing decks and switches tempo mode to Internal with master clock controlled by the deck I'm manipulating. Hassle-free global tempo changes.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast