traktor timecode help...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default traktor timecode help...

hi there

first of all sorry if this is a stupid question/has already been asked (i did search). i've been mixing for a few years now using vinyl and was quite interested in the whole timecode idea, so when a friend offered an audio 4 soundcard for fairly cheap i was happy to take it thinking i could use it for timecodines. i've now bought some control vinyls as well but after browsing the web i've seen alot of people saying you can't buy separately if you want to use timecodes. i was wondering if anyone else had done a similar thing and if so what is the solution, my friend suggested torrenting the software but in all honesty i'd be more happy to buy it and doubt this would work anyway. Is there a way for me to purchase just software perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Andyj

Yeah....I am in the same boat.

I have been getting my rig bit by bit.

So now....for me to make use of Timecode....( I have the Audio 4 and TC vinyls).....you HAVE to have Traktor Scratch Pro.

If you have the Audio 4 and a full version of TP, the upgrade is pretty cheap.

Getting mine end of this week!

AAANND its 50% off.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Student

yes i'd like to say im suprised that native instruments have sold the products in a way that prevents people from building there own set up bit by bit but to be honest it's good marketing on their part. Unfortunately being a noob when it comes to laptop mixing i haven't got traktor pro so can't buy the upgrade meaning a fairly hefty chunk of cash plus 2 extra control vinyls that i don't need. unless anyone knows of a "less legitimate" way to do it just for the time being?

I use deckadance at the moment for Timecode.

It can use pretty much any TC vinyl.

Seeing as you own the Audio4 (you should register it on your name at NI), you will be elegable for a free version of TP....if i am not mistaken.

Then you can upgrade to TSP for 169 dollar.

Which is what i am doing.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Seeing as you own the Audio4 (you should register it on your name at NI), you will be elegable for a free version of TP....if i am not mistaken.
    The free supersize deal is only if you buy the sound card in May or June, but registering is never a bad idea.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...upgrade-offer/

The 50% upgrade option is good for June only, but you'll need a version of Traktor already to get it for $169. I'm not sure which Traktor products count toward the upgrade. If you can use LE to go to Scratch Pro you can usually find someone that has an extra copy laying around as it ships with a lot of equipment. Maybe Karlos will chime in with a good answer.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...r-scratch-pro/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Traktor Scratch Pro is similar in price to Serato, NI aren't gonna let you bling up Traktor Pro for cheaper - they wouldn't cover the additional development costs.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I think this is what u want, for 149 euros atm
    http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...0&redirected=1

Does any1 know if u can choose the timecode vinyl colour in these packs btw?

No it's black only I think...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

i got the white ones!!

I would like all the colours tho!

Since you're only using an audio 4, Traktor Scratch Duo is an option for timecode control, although it isn't just "Traktor Scratch Pro with only two decks" and lacks a few bells & whistles.

But anyway this page seems to say you get a relatively cheap upgrade to TSP if you own an A4+Traktor LE, which goes along what Sarasin's been saying.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 06-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast