Lost with Remote SL and Traktor PRO

Default Lost with Remote SL and Traktor PRO

Darn, I have been trying to figure out how I want to map things and I have no idea where to begin. Anyone else that has given it a go? 4 decks; 2 for tracks 2 for loops, all of them with efx, it is doable, but to make it SMOOTH and overviewable, HOW?! DAAAAAAAAAMN! I am stuck! I even have started on a piece of paper god damnit! lolz!

Help a brothah out!

Nemo

Well, I would start with the basics.

4 decks, their transports and beatmatching/synching, and map them there where I would expect them to be. Draw this on paper or photoshop it and from there on try to work it in Traktor?
    (That's the first reason why I started the BCR artwork series. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, I'd say do the basics first. Map out the most logical places for the needed controls.

Then I'd say draw out what you want to do. Are you going to ever use advanced effects? Are you ever going to beat juggle on Deck D? And, to a large extent, just guess and check and see what happens.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah, I just wish I could cut the frikken thing in half, and then make the layout of the thing more logical!

Ghehehhe... An idea for a new casemod perhaps?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Ghehehhe... An idea for a new casemod perhaps?
    Yeah, actually. But since I am still working on my own mixer as well, I think I will get this one go for a while haha

Good luck with that one bro'!

Haha, you know alot of people across the world are asking themself this same question at the moment!

Sadly my keyboard died half way though me doing mappings for it otherwise i would have a pretty decent scheme for the black/white keys to share along with some Bomes midi pro code to go with