OT: UK peeps, budget opinions?

Default OT: UK peeps, budget opinions?

obviously by now we're all aware that vat will be going up to 20% from january, other 'key' things are....

* No change in tax on alcohol / fuel / cigarettes

* Reduction in tax credits for families earning 40k+

* Tax relief for the video games industry will be scrapped

* Child benefit frozen for three years

* Maximum housing benefit of £400 / week

* New medical assessments for everyone getting Disability Living Allowance

there's more here , but what out of this will affect you? what are your thoughts?

personally, except for the VAT increase, i don't think i'll be affected too much by this. going to see a higher outgoing with the vat, but as january seems to be around the time they start talking pay rise where i work, hopefully there'll be a jump to 'help' buffer this.

i'm glad about the last 2 in the above list, will properly clamp down on the spongers. i know a 'disabled' person who could easily work, and their other half gets carers allowance for doing FA apart from sitting around the house all day. they're away almost every fucking weekend and constantly complain that they're skint (no surprise you're always pissing up the wall). if they stop getting my tax money i'll be very happy with the new budget [/rant]

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Pretty sht if you ask me, but unfortunatly there is no other way out of this hole except digging.

U from Lynn? I used to live there...
    Volar
    Follow on social media;
    Soundcloud
    Facebook
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by EdanUK View Post
    U from Lynn? I used to live there...
    yeah, you were one of the sensible ones then? lol

SoundCloud

I've missed alot of what has happened with one thing and another but as you said none of it will affect me really. Only the 20% VAT is going to be a bitch, that means it will have gone up 5% within the last 12 months since the decrease due to the recession. Not good.

The problem is we are in a hole and we have to make some serious decisions and I think it's going to be like this for a few years to come.

Bloody Bankers!!!

The only person I worry about is my Mum as she is on DLA because of her arthitis, she worked her whole life but has only got since retiring so I hope they don't get funny about her claims!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    The only person I worry about is my Mum as she is on DLA because of her arthitis, she worked her whole life but has only got since retiring so I hope they don't get funny about her claims!!!
    i get the feeling the medicals will aimed at younger people, below retirement age. if you get what i mean?

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

the only thing that will effect me is the VAT. im single and live with a bunch of people in a big house... it does suck... im conservative american though, so any increase in taxes irks me... getting used to higher taxes in england has been interesting.

Tech Wizard

its kinda funny how they lowered VAT to try and get us out of the recession now they are upping it to try and get out of it... do they actually have any idea at all what they are doing?
    anyway im going to university so as long as alcohol doesnt go up much i dont think it will affect me!

i do worry that the new government will slightly increase taxes on higher income for show but screw over the people who are actually struggling. that said i dont really understand much of the economic situation
    http://soundcloud.com/muur-1
    (Nothing much but if you're interested)

it's fucked, in a nutshell

SoundCloud

I stopped caring when I joined the million's march a few years back... viva la (lack of) revulicion
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud