Genres that start with a number in itunes get changed to itunes default

Default Genres that start with a number in itunes get changed to itunes default

Does anyone know a workaround? All my genres are numbered, 01 - 10. Eg. 01 HOUSE Deep, 02 BREAKS Funky, etc. Since I upgraded to 9.2, when I try to change the genre of a track, itunes changes the genre to something retarded (eg 01 HOUSE is now Classic Rock). I can see that these values are coming from Localizable.strings, but I have no idea how to stop itunes from this idiocy. I like to organize in itunes and then import into traktor, but perhaps no longer... anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't know if it helps any, but I found this the other day. It lists the number that corresponds with each genre. That is unless Apple is using a different standard.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default the cursed list

i think the use of this default list has something to do with with id3 tag version one uses, but i can't figure out how to actually disable the use of default genres entirely so that i may run free without apple's stupid numeric crap. Anyone out there know how to disable this? iTunes is such a crucial part of my workflow, I don't really like trying to organize in traktor, and there's no way to go from traktor back to itunes to keep my id3 tags in sync that i know of.

Why do you number your genres, out of interest?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Default why number tracks?

I actually read about the technique in a DJTT article somewhere. The idea was you could categorize your tracks as start-of-night/mellow, building it up, and peak hour e.g. In my case I ended up just using numbers for the big categories, so my genres look like this:

01 HOUSE Nu Disco
    01 HOUSE Deep
    02 TECHNO Detroit
    02 TECHNO Minimal
    03 DUBSTEP
    etc

I found it to be really useful for itunes as all my DJ-related genres show up at the top of the genres pop-up when i'm categorizing things. Now my catalog is organized this way and I don't want to change it - I spent a lot of time doing it and I've also grown accustomed to it.

Aha gotcha
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

has anyone found a fix for this?
    it's kind of annoying

ctrld

this won't help you much, but how about you just ditch itunes? it's a piece of crap IMO... I have a similar chillout-to-peaktime approach, but I use favourite playlists to group the genres.

inside those, I use the rating system (stars) to categorize the mood.

0 stars = don't play (too old, too bad etc.)
    1 star = very relaxed
    2 stars = start nodding head
    3 stars = start shaking ass
    4 stars = freak out
    5 stars = armageddon

Tech Wizard

i had this problem for a bit.
    if your still having trouble, update your ID3 tags to 2.3 and it should work like a charm
    The Gear: MBP15", Dre Pros, TK S4, MPK32, Ableton Live, Logic 9, and other stuff
    Check the site: http://willisdaellenbach.com, Check the cloud: http://soundcloud.com/wdaellenbach