DJ's pay for their 2-6 hour set - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    so now list one artist, then list all the factors and after the factors put a price of your estimation guess.
    The factors don't change just because of the DJ, you still have to take all those things into consideration be it some one as big as Digweed to some one smaller like Seth Troxler.

You can do all that yourself with any DJ, just bust out an excel sheet, list all the factors, make some equations in the cells and start messing with the numbers.

There are far too many factors at play here... but afaik the crazy money days are past us...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    There are far too many factors at play here... but afaik the crazy money days are past us...
    so name 1 artist for example, and all the factors, and then put a price after the factor easy

No thanks mate, I'll pass
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Banned

so name 1 artist for example, and all the factors, and then put a price after the factor easy

I just listed most of the factors for you, so now you can do this yourself. Stop being a lazy fuck and do some leg work your self

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Even if you get answers it's pure speculation. So what's the point? When you get to the point that you can ask for $10,000 a gig you'll know it. Until then it's house parties and cramped bars.

The fact is you can make a living doing this. Some do better than others, but if your in it for the money you probably won't last long.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    I just listed most of the factors for you, so now you can do this yourself. Stop being a lazy fuck and do some leg work your self
    well i know richie hawtin did the new years 2010 here in new york. and i'm not sure if the set was for 4 or 6 hours. but he went home with $70,000

the factory fit 5,000 people, 5000 x $50 ticket = $250,000

so richie himself and whoever was in charge of the party went home happy

this is the only artist i know the money they made in that one party. i could take a slight guess and say if he does anything at a regular club, that maybe he pulls anything from 15,000-20,000 maybe. and maybe the tickets are priced at 30-40 when he plays.

i also know that victor calderon played at M2 here in nyc and the tickets were $50 to get in. now the club is pretty small and only fits about 1500 people or less so 1500 x 50 = 75,000. so i'm guessing maybe he went home with 20k ? for a 4 hour set.

and this is only how much is made from tickets, not including bar-profit or any other services such as coat-check, food, or again, drinks.

well i know richie hawtin did the new years 2010 here in new york. and i'm not sure if the set was for 4 or 6 hours. but he went home with $70,000

the factory fit 5,000 people, 5000 x $50 ticket = $250,000

so richie himself and whoever was in charge of the party went home happy

this is the only artist i know the money they made in that one party. i could take a slight guess and say if he does anything at a regular club, that maybe he pulls anything from 15,000-20,000 maybe. and maybe the tickets are priced at 30-40 when he plays.

i also know that victor calderon played at M2 here in nyc and the tickets were $50 to get in. now the club is pretty small and only fits about 1500 people or less so 1500 x 50 = 75,000. so i'm guessing maybe he went home with 20k ? for a 4 hour set.

and this is only how much is made from tickets, not including bar-profit or any other services such as coat-check, food, or again, drinks.
    Richie Hawtin is a massive crowd puller, if the venue is gonna make $250,000 from his appearance then $70,000 to him sounds good.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Don't think the DJ salary is that much of a public matter, really.. I'm not gonna walk up to people to ask them how much they make.. !

My man, most people would actually pay TO be the DJ. So don't be going out of your way to figure out what the really good ones are paid.
    -------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast