DJ's pay for their 2-6 hour set
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DJ's pay for their 2-4-6 hour set

I wanted to know or wonder what people like mundo, reboot, victor calderone , eric morrillo, macro corola makes for their either their 4?-6? hour set?

make an estimation. if you say it "DEPENDS" then list on the many reasons you think it depends and then list the estimated price you think on what it depends on.

im just interested/curious in wondering what artists like the ones i listed plus the ones you know off makes on their average party, club, average weekend ---to--- festival.

if you like an artist, but you think hes pay "depends" then list the reasons on what it depends on, and then for each reason list how much $$$ and for how long/hours is the set. and if you want to get more detailed, also list the clubs/places that might offer more money than another club. etc etc

should be an interesting topic that people cud probably be curious about, especially for those dont know that want to know like me.

TALK ABOUT ANY ARTISTS YOU WANT and list the music genre they play after a "-" dash. or etc.
    Last edited by cutflow; 06-27-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Banned

Well, it 'depends' on a lot of factors, and you can usually find them out by contacting their booking agency or even going to the agency website as they'll have a form you can fill out asking various things such as day you would like to book them, size of venue, cover charge, capacity, how long you'd like them to play and so on.

Location might play into the cost as well. If you're trying to get some one from Europe to LA then the travel expenses alone are going to kill. And if it's just a one time to trip to the US and not a tour in the area expect to pay more as well.

The time of year might even have an impact on the price. Summer is most DJ's busy season with all the festivals and out door parties you can do, so they can make a lot more on any given weekend during the summer than they could during the winter months.

Banned

Also forgot to mention, might depend if you want the artist to do a Live PA set up or just a straight DJ set up.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Also forgot to mention, might depend if you want the artist to do a Live PA set up or just a straight DJ set up.
    so now list one artist, then list all the factors and after the factors put a price of your estimation guess.

Tech Convert

I'm not going to list any specific DJ's, but most major ones i've contacted ask something between 5-20 thousand euros for a 2 hour set + travel expenses + hotel + booking fee (10 or 15 percent) + taxes... and these were prices for a relatively small venue (2000 people max)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Camino View Post
    I'm not going to list any specific DJ's, but most major ones i've contacted ask something between 5-20 thousand euros for a 2 hour set + travel expenses + hotel + booking fee (10 or 15 percent) + taxes... and these were prices for a relatively small venue (2000 people max)
    i'm interested in knowing who these artists are. list some and their price

Tech Wizard

Is young padawan Cutflow ready to rake in as much cash as Morrillo?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by biosyn View Post
    Is young padawan Cutflow ready to rake in as much cash as Morrillo?
    no not anytime soon lol. mayb in 8-9yrs ill be rdy or even before. lol but just curious what its like tho as many others out there might be as well

You could always call one of their booking agents, I don't see why it's so important to know who demands what haha

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/28/pauly-...-shore-dj-fee/ check that out

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    You could always call one of their booking agents, I don't see why it's so important to know who demands what haha

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/28/pauly-...-shore-dj-fee/ check that out
    pauly d doesnt count, he doesnt even beatmatch lol and im sure he wont get a chance to spin at top notch clubs. nothing against him, its just that the way he spins wont go far in the real party pooper scene. i dont think it wud cost 10k to just have a dj resident of ny to spin for 2-4hrs. simply because i once saw a video from WMC 2008 and it was a interview and most DJ's say that DJing is more of a secondary job since it doesn't pay the bills. unless their rep is like marco corola or paco osana then they'll making a living with djing and to get there and get as many gigs as the pros, takes a long time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast