Official Itch Keystroke Mappings for 2nd Controller

Default Official Itch Keystroke Mappings for 2nd Controller

I would like to expand the article from the main page (Using Multiple Controllers with Itch) and show some other midi-to-keystroke mapping possibilities for Itch.

In the article I show you how to use midiStroke and give you a bomes map, but there are many other ways to get keystrokes from midi. I first started this tinkering on a Nocturn and Launchpad with Automap Pro (it has to be pro as the regular one does not have keystroke output). But it lacks key repeat, like midiStroke, and provides no control over the LEDs (on the LP you have a sea of yellow buttons, its boring and confusing).

I also had a go with midiKatapult for the LP. It gives key repeat and LED, but can only be used for the LP. For those of you that have an LP and would like to try this layout in Katapult, it is attached at the bottom of the thread.

Ultimately bomes is probably the most powerful tool. Attached at the bottom is a simple map in bomes for the Midi Fighter that I started with (before going BIG with a shift button, LOL). Using the midi learn in bomes, you could remap any controller to these functions. Just be careful with the key repeat function as it is a little weird! You need an initial command that repeats, but also a stop command that turns off the repeat when you release the button. Have a look at the mapping and you will see what I mean.

As I stated at the end of the article, I think that there is a lot of possibilities here for some fun. I encourage Itch users to have a go at mapping some keystrokes as it opens your mind to new ways of mixing and keeps things fresh. Also, I would love to hear from those that have tried this and those that may need some help at getting going.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I've had a couple of requests for an Automap Pro mapping. Here is an example for the Launchpad. I could knock together something for a Nocturn too, but that is the only other Automap hardware I have.

Let me know if this mapping helps!

Phil.

After reading the manual it looks like even with the free version of Automap from the Novation website it should be possible to use Automap for other controllers than the ones from Novation.

And this is what might be the fun part.
    Still had no time to try it.

Anyone with a mapping for NI Maschine or Korg nanoPad for the cuepoints?
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Unfortunately it looks like Automap is just for Novation controllers. I have Pro and it will not recognize any other controller (but does recognize Novation controllers in hot swap).

For the nano, you could just use midiStroke for the translator and Midi Monitor to detect the notes on the nano. Or you could use the free trial of bomes and midi learn straight into my mapping.

Does the Maschine software not have a translator in it? I looked but could find no info.

Let me know if you need some help with any of it.

Phil.

Don't know about a translator in Maschine, but there's a Maschine editor software that I still didn't use. At the moment I toggle between Maschine as a controller for Torq and hardware for the Maschine software, using the Shift + Controll buttons. In Torq I only use the midilearn function, so I don't have any flashing LEDs and other crazy stuff.

Really have to try out your tipps for mapping ITCH soon. Scratching with my VCI-300 and juggling cuepoits on Maschine must be dope.
    Also read the Automap manual in German now and think I just misunderstood the English version.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Ok, I'm running ITCH 1.7.1 (Mac) With Numark NS7's +FX rack. I have a trigger finger and a Novation launchpad. I would like to use both of them, but I can wait to see if itch 2.0 will support ext. midi. In the mean time I would like to just simply use my LP as a looproll trigger. I just tried the above mentioned trick using Katapult and it worked great!!! ...... But a few things didn't work. Such as the 0, 0 Record button :-( I tried playing around with everything and I couldn't get it to work. Also my main question is this: HOW THE HELL DO I GET THE LOOPROLL TO WORK RIGHT?? It's been driving me crazy for months!!! I just want it to be the same as when I hit "ctrl+alt+2" (2 can be 1-0 of course). But when I let go of the button I want it to stop! ......Is there ANYONE that can help me with this PLEASE!!!! lol...... Thanx for all the help and support by the way!

P.S. - I also tried it with the trigger finger and midi stroke a few months ago when that tut came out for the midifighter, but still no go. Thanx n adv. :-)

Could you please post the download link for your pro Bomes map which includes the shift key? The link on the original article doesnt seem to be working. Thanks!

I would also like the mappings if possible

Mouse

So no updates on this? I have mapped an Akai MPK Mini to ITCH 2.1, Thus far only cue points and samples in the sp6 I have mapped, but i've already run into duplicate functions on different keys/pads...

Anyone have any input on how I can alleviate that?
    SOUND: BLACK ICE MOVEMENTZ
    GEAR: NS7FX, ITCH 2.1, AKAI MPK MINI (MAPPED), M-AUDIO OXYGEN 49 (PRO TOOLS), KORG NANOPAD (MAPPED)
    SPECS: MACBOOK PRO 2.6GHz, 4GIGs RAM, OSX 10.5.8 | MAC PRO 2.8GHz, 16GIGs RAM, P.C. WIN7
    APPZ: PRO TOOLS, ABLETON, LOGIC, CAKEWALK & THE GOD OF AUDIO APPZ > SOUNDFORGE

Well I have been able to successfully map some simple components and I must say, its pretty simple. I used MITCH 1x to map my Akai MPK Mini. Mapped sp6, loop rolls & cues) Only issue I have now is with some rules. I wanna be able to map the sp6 bank function so I can use the otha banks. Otha than that, Im good to go...

I dont see why Serato cannot create a built in midi editor for its users based on MITCH or Bomes MT Pro. Would make shyt a whole lot easier for those who want to add on what we want as opposed to jumping ship to another app that will...

Just my few pennies...
    SOUND: BLACK ICE MOVEMENTZ
    GEAR: NS7FX, ITCH 2.1, AKAI MPK MINI (MAPPED), M-AUDIO OXYGEN 49 (PRO TOOLS), KORG NANOPAD (MAPPED)
    SPECS: MACBOOK PRO 2.6GHz, 4GIGs RAM, OSX 10.5.8 | MAC PRO 2.8GHz, 16GIGs RAM, P.C. WIN7
    APPZ: PRO TOOLS, ABLETON, LOGIC, CAKEWALK & THE GOD OF AUDIO APPZ > SOUNDFORGE