laptop cooling pad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default laptop cooling pad

which one would you guys recommend "blows air into the bottom kind"

I don't think those things are really worth it, just dont sit it on top of something hot or a surface type that doesn't permit a gap between the case and the surface.

If your laptop is really running that hot then it's poorly designed or full of dust.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

I just bought this little puppy.

Folds up pretty small and fits in the gig bag no worries. Only gonna use it when i'm not using the stand tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Get the Belkin. It's one of the cheaper ones (mostly due to constantly being on sale at BestBuy etc), but it's also the best cooler I've found. The design is better at allowing airflow under the laptop due to it's dipped design. It also folds up really well for quick setup.

My laptop overheated in the middle of my set last time I played on my live radio show because I forgot to use the cooler. Even the macbook pro's can overheat. I wouldn't leave it up to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    I just bought this little puppy.

Folds up pretty small and fits in the gig bag no worries. Only gonna use it when i'm not using the stand tho.
    i think those are the best option when not using a stand, extra fans and gives a gap for air flow

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

A few tips -
    Laptop cooling pads are essential for outdoors gigs during the daylight!

Not so much in a club during the night though.

Keeping your laptop out of direct sunlight is essential too!

Open your laptop one every 18 months or so and clean the crap out of your fan - makes a huge difference to your CPU temp.

Don't really have any recommendations on which one to buy though to be totally honest - however i will say that different laptop stands are going to perform better for different people on different laptops. This is because the vents on different laptops are in different positions - try to find one that has the fans sitting where you need them!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Don't really have any recommendations on which one to buy though to be totally honest - however i will say that different laptop stands are going to perform better for different people on different laptops. This is because the vents on different laptops are in different positions - try to find one that has the fans sitting where you need them!
    or get a drill....

SoundCloud

Erm i ment to say different laptop cooling pads are going to perform different ! not laptop stands lolz.

Drill might work Make sure to make the holes really deep so they go right into your CPU* to really get some airflow though there !

* Disclaimer: DjTechTools is not responsible for any damage or loss of income as a result of drilling holes in your CPU. Instead, sue BradCee

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Drill might work Make sure to make the holes really deep so they go right into your CPU* to really get some airflow though there !

* Disclaimer: DjTechTools is not responsible for any damage or loss of income as a result of drilling holes in your CPU. Instead, sue BradCee**
    ** who recommends if you are foolish enough to follow my advice, remove the back cover first and then drill the processor, erm... i mean the cover. then no possible damage. what i did seriously, i did

SoundCloud

Speaking of keeping things cool - my laptop gets HOT right where I rest my hand while typing (I'm guessing this is where the hard drive lives).

Would it be a good idea to drill a matrix of small holes above the HDD to keep it cool? If I were to do this, I'd probably put some speaker mesh (black tights! ) between the holes and the drive to keep any dust out...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast