VCI 300 + Kaoss Pad Questions

Default VCI 300 + Kaoss Pad Questions

Hi,

Im new here and im looking at getting the VCI 300.
    I wanted the 300 due to the inbuilt audio interface/soundcard stuff, and the fact that i could just plug my headphones straight in and go.
    I am however, a little put off by the lack of effects that the VCI 100 has in comparison.

Im sure, when reading around that someone here has a kaoss pad mini in conjunction with their VCI 300.
    I think thats a great idea and was seriously considering it myself.

At the moment i would be running the VCI/KP through a set of standard powered computer type speakers/sub arrangement.
    I assume that i would have to wire it up in this kind of way -

PC (ITCH)
    [
    ]
    VCI 300 ===== KAOS PAD ==== SPEAKERS

However i was wondering if anyone could confirm how that setup would work / what kind of additional wires/converters could be needed in order to get this up and running.

Thanks for your help,
    Cheers,
    Phil

Tech Guru

I am concidering the same idea or maybe the Stanton Da Scratch with my VCI-300.
    I like this idea as it is a simple hands on approach with lots of room for my hands.
    The FX in the Kaoss pad are quite good. All you will need is 2 sets of rca cables..Out of the VCI to the input of the Kaoss and out of the Kaoss to your amp or whatever..

And im guessing the VCI comes with 1 set of rca's?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfish View Post
    And im guessing the VCI comes with 1 set of rca's?
    The Vci-300 doesn't come with any cables at all, well just the usb one. No rca, no power adapter.

Tech Guru

no..It comes only with a usb cable. Headphones and output cables is for you to choose from. There are rca outs and 1/4 unballanced outputs to choose from.
    There is one master output volume control.

Vci 100 -(usb) PC -(firewire or usb) SoundCard -(1/4th to rca) Kaoss Pad - Amp - Speaker
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Cool, i think i will probs wait until i have everything sorted for the vci before i get the kaoss pad.
    (sorry if the next question sounds stupid haha)
    Also if the vci 300 has the 2 1/4 outputs (the red and white). How will that work with my surround system that has 3 1/4 inputs, Front, Rear And Centre (sub), (green black and pink respectivley).
    Is there some sort of converter that will do the trick?
    This is only for home mixing/recording at the moment so i have no huge need to purchase any nice new speakers (however much i may want to).

Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by Chickenfish; 11-10-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Just realised that if i remove the center wire to my audio setup, it only dissables 1 speaker. Hardly an issue when there are 5 more. Haha. So forget the last question, its not too important. Im sure for home mixing i can miss one centre speaker.

Before this thread dies, I would like to ask a quick question.

If i was to be practicing on my vci 300 with my lapop and i was nowhere near my speakers.
    Is it possible for the audio output to come out of my laptop speakers? I know th quality would be naff, but practice with poor speakers is better than no practice at all.
    So therefore the only cables used would be the usb and headphones.
    Is that possible?
    Or do i have to output my sound to a separate set of speakers?

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Tech Guru

no..you cannot monitor with your laptop speakers (from your computer that is)
    ..You can listen through the headphone out of the VCI though and use monitor cueing and balance between the Monitor select and master & cue amounts.
    You could plug of course computer speakers into the rca outs of the vci.