Hercules RMX or Steel w/ external soundcard?

Default Hercules RMX or Steel w/ external soundcard?

Hi all! I want to get into DJing for fun. I love music and would like to get something entry level that I have some fun with and see if I have any skills and where they can take me.

I've been doing my research and have a narrowed it down to the Hercules line b/c of price. I love the Vestex but the inital investment would be too high for a bedroom setup. Hell, I don't even know if I'll have time so don't want to drop the mother load just yet.

Thoughts:

I really like the looks of Traktor Pro and have an old copy of Tracktor 2.. never played with Virtual DJ. I would love to get Traktor Pro down the line if things set in and I have the time and enjoy.

With that being said.. should I go with:

RMX - good to go out of the box?

Steel - get a good external soundcard (Prosonus, Echo)?

Does one give me more expandability down the road if I want to go to Traktor Pro?

Take a look around the fourms, theres alot of useful information that will help you pick what you really want.

What i would say (if your eventually looking to actually dj) is too get the vci-100. If money is tight, get a cheaper usb soundcard.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Mentor

Go for the Steel and get a good audio interface. If you end up liking it and want better gear, you can sell the Steel and aim for something higher up on the ladder while keeping the audio interface. If you have the RMX, you'd have to sell everything and buy new gear again.
    Last edited by Andrew Loay; 11-10-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: didn't read the topic closely enough

Tech Wizard

I haven't seen the Steel anywhere... pretty sure it hasn't been released yet.

I have received an Hercules Steel directly from Hercules headquarters last week and is really a good controller, you can read the translation Italian-English of my first review here
    http://translate.google.it/translate...hl=it&ie=UTF-8

Hercules RMX have a good sound card but is not comparable with, for example, Native instruments audio 8
    Last edited by cioce; 11-11-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Tech Convert

Numark Omni Controller has just been released. Picked mine up yesterday.

Works with Traktor Pro straight out of the box and by all accounts knocks spots of the Hercules (better sound card). Plus it's £10 cheaper, which you could put towards a Korg Nano___