Recommend me some Dubstep. - Page 8
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    I'm playing a set on the same stage as Excision (so stoked!)
    :eek:
    you lucky lucky man you
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    His stuff is pretty sick. I'm playing a set on the same stage as Excision (so stoked!) on the 19th and I'll drop one of his songs.
    Wiicked! Shot bro.

That would be dope. Cheshire is the man, fuckn tight DJ as well. I will hit him up for some dubs.

i recently stumbled across the new album from enter shikari (post core/screamo band) and discovered, that they use a lot of dubstep, techno, trance tunes in their songs...maybe dubstep will get a new subgenre called rockstep check it out! heavy tun for ur ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZVygijgp8
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by earl-panda View Post
    i recently stumbled across the new album from enter shikari (post core/screamo band) and discovered, that they use a lot of dubstep, techno, trance tunes in their songs...maybe dubstep will get a new subgenre called rockstep check it out! heavy tun for ur ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZVygijgp8
    Eurgh...

u not likez it?

Tech Guru

Its allrite. Pretty average dubstep fare tbh. Interesting tho cos its a metal band (a rather progressive one tho).

One of my mates is a hardcore metal head but has been producing dubstep & 1/2 time DnB with heavy metal influences. Triplets/Guitar riffage etc etc. Its sounding seriously siic, just needs to be properly mixed down & mastered. A couple of his tunes he jams out live thrash/power metal guitar on over the top & it sounds fucking siiiiic. Cant wait to bust it out ina club.

i think it´s naturally that people who have their roots in hardcore or metal dig dubstep (especially the harder tunes) cause the tempo is just perfect to mosh ore dance really agressive. i mean i´m based in the hardcore scene and at first there was d&b were i was able to dance "two step" to electronic music like i was often used to dance at hardcore shows. now there is dubstep...a lot more agression/chaos in tunes than in a lot of d&b tunes (besides darkstep), but i think dubstep is the one genre were a lot of people from so many different back grounds come together and have a blast. a lot of my friends don´t listen/like edm cause their are hardcore, but when i told them to go with me to a dubstep party, they were like: "hm never heard about it. okay will give it a try." and after that party they were like: "fuckin hell! that was hard...yeah!"
    a lot of dubstep tunes have a similar structur like beatdown hc bands and that makess it so interesting for people who are not into edm. what makes my beloved dubstep so lovely
    and that enter shikari song has not the coolest wobblers, but it still has wobblers and that makes it interesting, cause i´ve never heard any other metal/hc band using it in songs.

Tech Mentor

there are some decent tracks posted on here. you must check out this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzHOdfSHZgs

also listen to rinse fm stream from the uk.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1W8jgetNVU

yap this is it

btw: if somebody is interested. my mate eric has a blog called www.frequenzeinlauf.com/blog there u can find a lot dubstep tunes and other stuff...check it out!
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 09-30-2009 at 09:48 AM.

^^^^ Holy Shit!

What i sick track! I checked out that blog too, always looking for ways to find new music.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast