Help with soft takeover

Default Help with soft takeover

I’m having problem to make Soft Takeover work properly, well when both virtual and physical knobs are in the same position and I move the virtual knob using a mouse and then moving my physical knob the soft takeover work just fine, the problem is when I use the physical knob for a different software control, like holding shift button. In this case what I have is a quick jump in the virtual knob to match its position with the physical.

I read that It was a bug fixed in previous version of traktor but for me still no quite correct… Am I missing something?

Btw, I am using traktor 1.2.4 with kontrol x1.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Assign another button to change a modifier value, lets say M1 to 1 while holding it.
    In the soft takeover assignment change the M1 option to 0.

While holding the button, you can get the knob back in the correct position.

Another good option are endless knobs with LED indicators but only few controllers have them and I guess you don't want to switch yours.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Hey HedgeHog

I’ve got you idea, but doing that I will have to manage my takeover manually. In this case I don’t even need to set the soft takeover checkbox… My point is, this work fine when the virtual know is changed with a mouse and I just want the same behavior when I move the physical knob for a secondary function.

Regarding the endless knob it would be cool, but I pretty happy with my X1.

Cheers