Move/replace buttons?
    Tech Convert

Default Move/replace buttons?

Hi,

I'm looking forward to getting a MidiFighter when the new batch becomes available. However, I'm not sure what button colours to choose because I'm don't know how I'm going to use it yet (I'm planning to play with a few mappings posted here and evolve from there) so I was thinking of buying a few extra so I can swap them in an out.

Is it easy/sensible to change the buttons regularly? I don't expect it to be difficult but I am concerned it might damage the midifighter board through wear and tear.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Adrian

Done it plenty and there's a technique you should use to avoid breaking the locking clips on the switch, but once you get that down you can replace to your hearts content. They're mainly held in by friction, so a squeeze of the clips and a small twist breaks the friction and it just falls out.

The technique is to take a thin rod, like the hex tightener you get in the kit, and place it behind the switch in the inaccessible channel and use pressure on that to hold down the retaining clip on the far side. You can then remove switches from the outside of the grid inwards, using your finger to loosen the clip on the open side.

Anyone care to post a video?

Tech Convert

Brilliant. Thanks!