windows 7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windows 7

Default windows 7

So what's the deal with Windows 7? Is it worth looking at or should I stick with xp?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I just switched from Xp to 7. It's a lot more responsive and makes a lot more sense, in terms of tasks.

I did a clean install so I also free'd up a lot of crap I didn't need which also helped, but all in all, I like 7 and will be sticking to it.

Xp is good but 7 is just awesome. Also bear in mind that updates for xp like direct x etc are being phased out.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Make sure none of your hardware has issues but you should be fine.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Guru

7 is great for anything but dj'ing.

i know im going to catch heat for that but if you look thru the forums this year i started with a sony i7 laptop with 4 gigs of ram.

serato and traktor had me switching to a macbook pro in nothing flat. using them side by side windows vs osx and theres simply just no contest.

mac's run dj software better
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

i won't flame you but in windows 7's defence i will comment - you were using a sony...

It should also be mentioned, 32bit FTW.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    7 is great for anything but dj'ing.

i know im going to catch heat for that but if you look thru the forums this year i started with a sony i7 laptop with 4 gigs of ram.

serato and traktor had me switching to a macbook pro in nothing flat. using them side by side windows vs osx and theres simply just no contest.

mac's run dj software better
    i dont believe it was a windows vs osx related argument...

that said, if i was going to splurge on a music production/performance ONLY rig - i'd buy a mac, and i've never even used a mac for more than web browsing at mates places

I can't speak for a switch from OSX to Windows7, I'm sure you'd rather not.

But from Vista and XP Traktor runs magnificently better on a clean install. It's a lot leaner than Vista and is exactly what we should have had back in 2007 instead of the shitstorm of driver issues and idle resource hogging.

Thumbs up on Windows7 for me. Running the latest Traktor Scratch with negligible latency, two decks and sporadic effects on a well-cared for lappy toppy and a dedicated user account, of course.

HAs anyone come up with a work around for the probelm of having no hardware profiles.

I really cant be arsed having to disable things when i want to use traktor everytime.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast