How do you put this puzzle together?

Default How do you put this puzzle together?

Ive had my mind up that the midifighter is a must have and having just watched eans tut I am for sure ordering1 asap. Now I just have to work out how I will set up my system.

This is a list of my gear

MAC + TSP
    AUDIO 4
    VCI 100SE
    CDJ 900 * 2
    DJM 800

+ Soon to have X1 & Midifighter.

So, Atm I am using the VCI when away from home and dont plan on using it in my main setup.

Ideally I would like the CDJ's controlling TSP via HID.... However as these have thier own soundcards, how then can I encorperate the midifighter & X1 to controll decks 3&4, As this would involve the use of my audio4 as I mix externally. I dont even think this is possible??? Can someone give ideas as to how they might implement this gear?

If this isnt possible I guess I could have my CDJ's standalone into 2 channels and have the other 2 channels from TSP via Audio 4, using combo of midifighter and X1 for control. Im assuming again that I would again loose the use of decks 3&4 within TSP.

Added to this I also want to get a turntable so i could play from a friends rather large collection of old house. Am I able to have the turntable come into phono on a channel that also has a cdj connected and just swith the phono/cd switch on the DJM...

I have a dream, instead of being torn between the digital and traditonal style, I want to be able to do it all, and use it all within one sitting. This way if im at a club were a friend is just using cdj's I can get behind the decks with confidence. Then say im playing at a friends party maybe I might just want to take the X1, midifighter, VCI or any combinantion..

anyway, i think you get the picture, maybe spreading myself across so many mediums is a little crazy, but i feel if I can make this work i will be at peace!

13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Have you considered upgrading to an A8DJ? 4 INS from the CDJs and 8 outs to the DJM. It's more gear but should cover all you evils!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Pilmat, thanks for the reply. You will have to forgive me for being daft, but I fail to see how the audio 8 will solve my prob's........

Hold on...... I made a mistake.... I meant to say Tpro, not TSP.....my bad.

So... yeh dont have TSP, not running Timecode, was hoping to use the CDJ900 in Hid control thus negating need for timecode control....
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

If your not running timecode, then you will just need any sound card with at least 8 outs. In Traktor, you set each pair to a deck and run that pair from your sound card to your mixer channel. Now you you have 1 Traktor deck per channel on your mixer.

I haven't used HID (still looking to borrow some equipment so I can learn more about it), but I have read that it is just like a midi in that it is run through a USB. You will need a powered hub (preferably multi-tt) to hook all your stuff together with your MBP.

Side note: you should either update your sig or your software ;-)

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

you could keep the audio 4 and set up an aggragate audio device in the audio/midi utility that osx uses, thus allowing you to use multiple soundcards within traktor. although, the usb hub would still be needed...

Ok cheers, so I can have multiple soundcards connected to TP.....good news....

= decks 1&2 controlled by cdj900 in Hid mode and 3&4 contorlled with midifighter & X1