So I started scratching...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I started scratching...

...a few months ago and think i am starting to get the hang of it.

Given....its just a bit of cutting to a track playing....but I only been at it for a short time.

I am starting to learn the moves individually and am practising with my other hand too.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRvPxt_-dncwidth="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Using Traktor Timecodes and Deckadance at the mo (TSP is on backorder for 2 more weeks) with a VCI-100 as a midi mixer.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Fixed!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Mentor

Man thats some good cuts there, but your timing is just a tad off, but other than that its good mate, very good.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

yeah...i was not trying to keep with the tracks flow at all....missed all the breaks in the track and shit as I was not concentrating on that aspect....was just cutting like a mofo!

thanks bro!

Once I got my technique a bit tighter...I will work on finding a few tracks that work....and make a lil routine....or something....

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Saracin
    cutting like a mofo!
    Right on, homeboy.

Right on.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

HEHEHE...thanks Patch!

Tech Guru

Just a pointer... I know you're new to scratching but try practice more scribble type moves with your left hand. You seem to be going just backwards and forwards with single motions. youtube scribble scratching if you don't know what it is. Try learning stabs, which is opening the crossfader on just the forward movement on the vinyl. Once you got that down you can progress to double-timing the backwards and forward movement with your left hand. I'm only saying all this because it sounds a lot more impressive to have more vinyl-hand techniques as well as crossfader-hand techniques.

Hey cheers Dodge. Yeah....i can scribble and stab but have not got it down 100s yet. Can crab too...but again...not consistantly. I used to drum back in the day...so i can use my hands independantly. However...i can only cut and shit with my one hand...so only as you saw in the vid. Practicing my other side too. I am playing on the alternative floor at a party in 3 weeks. First time that i will ever play the 2nd floor. But people seem interested in hearing me jam other styles....gonna be fun. Will do a bit of a scratch....just to show off a lil hehe.

What is the cut in time like on the x-fader on the VCI? There are pretty easy mods you can do to x-faders to minimise the cut-in time. The shorter the cut in time, the tighter your cuts will be.

Check it out: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/226714
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

OMG, this whole time I thought you were a girl!!! Just kidding!!! Sounds a whole hell of a lot better than my pitiful attempts at scratching.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast