Country Flag mod for the forum?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Country Flag mod for the forum?

Hey,
    so it would be cool to instantly see where a user is from, so when I spot cool guys from my contry I can get in touch with them or even just to know who you are dealing with.

I'm not familiar with vB, but found this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89247

Tech Guru

Yeah man that would be dope. Cool idea. ++

The is a good idea! I second... or thirdededed.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Ill take a look into this, the link you sent is an outdated mod that wont work - but ill see what else i can dig up.

I like that idea too! .... fourthedided!

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

This one requires people to fill in the information, i was thinking about one that utilises the ip address to determine what country someone is in. At the moment not everyone is filling their information in at is - if we based it on ip addresses everyone would have one.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    This one requires people to fill in the information, i was thinking about one that utilises the ip address to determine what country someone is in. At the moment not everyone is filling their information in at is - if we based it on ip addresses everyone would have one.
    I'd be happy to fill in the extra info personally, some people may not want to reveal their location (crazy i know, but true) ... If all the cool people do it though, then it'll catch on anyhow

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Make a default flag for anyone which hasn't filled in the information, so if they are regular visitor they wanna see their country flag and fill in.

Well Bento, there are some that hide their own IP address for various reasons, just to be able to buy different tunes from BeatPort.
    For this case they run through different proxies. So, if you do it through IP, it will not always be correct.

Personally I don't mind adding my country data, you could also see this as an extra field spammers have to fill out.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast