Help Connecting my gear....
    Tech Convert

Default Help Connecting my gear....

Hi

I'm pretty new to all this and I have NO CLUE how to connect my gear .

I'm using a laptop with a VCI 100 Arcade connected to is. So far so good.

I also have a M audio fast track Ultra sound card connected with USB to the laptop. I've got that covered.

Now I'd like to use a KAOSSPAD KP3 for my effects (using traktors send FX unit functions). First of all, i don't have a clue how to connect my kaoss pad to the audio card (i'm using the internal traktor mixer). Kaoss Pad uses RCA jacks (in and out) but the only thing that looks remotely like RCA on the sound card are de S/PDIF connectors on the back... It does have a lot of 3.5inch input and output slots, but NO rca.

There's a user manual (with diagrams) on the soundcard @ http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...ra_UG_EN01.pdf

I'd like to know, how in my current setup i can use the kaoss pad for my effects.

Hope someone can help me cause i googled for days and couldn't find any help

You will need to use a pair of outputs and inputs, i'd also send midi clock to the kaoss pad.
    the tricky bit is that you need to from balanced to unbalanced and back again. how good are you with a soldering iron?

Also you need to set your master output and the output you set the kaoss pad up on , to "sw rtn" so that tracktor can do the mixing and not the m-audio driver. you will need to activate the send and return channels in tracktors audio config window.

Tech Convert

What's the easiest thing to do. Would it be best to just buy an external mixer. I'm thinking about the BEHRINGER XENYX 1204USB

http://www.keymusic.com/product/Behringer-XENYX-1204USB

(English product description on the page)

dont buy anymore gear, you just need 4 leads and to tick a few boxes in the set up menu's of your software, throwing money at it wont fix it,
    4 of these and 2 regular phono to phono leads will get you up and running

more gear will only lead to more complexity and confusion, simplest solution is always the best.