OT: Day 3 No cigarettes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

i've been an on & off cigarette smoker for about 8 years. when i want to take a break from it i just do. i'm currently on my off cycle, it's been about 4-5 weeks. no sweat baby. just remind yourself of how unsatisfying the habit actually is and how gross it makes you smell to others.

Stick with it bro. Yesterday was 5 months smoke free for me. If you can beat it for a month then you are in the clear.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Guru

Keep it up man I quit almost a year ago and man it has never been better I still crave one every now and then but it passes quickly. Congrats

Tech Guru

i smoke for almost 15 years. quit with commit lozenges, was addicted to those for 2 years (Which is more expensive than smoking).

now im using the electronic cigarette. nicotine delivery with none of the terrible side effects.

and it costs about 1/30th the price of smoking after you buy the equipment.

only reason i wanted to quit was because of the carcenogens. i quite like nicotine (by itself its really no worse for you than caffine

so by all means, do your best, but if you dont make it, dont be too hard on yourself. it takes several tries and theres lots of options for you if cold turkey doesnt work out for you.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I quit about 12 years ago and I still think it's the best decision I ever made. I was smoking a pack and a half at the time (over two if I was drinking), so it was a necessary life change for me. I quit cold turkey and the trick for me was I didn't make a big deal about it at all -- didn't even say out loud I was quitting until I hadn't had a cig for almost 3 months (though it came up occasionally if people noticed I wasn't smoking), so that by the time I did tell people about it I was pretty sure I actually had quit. Never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i've been an on & off cigarette smoker for about 8 years. when i want to take a break from it i just do. i'm currently on my off cycle, it's been about 4-5 weeks. no sweat baby. just remind yourself of how unsatisfying the habit actually is and how gross it makes you smell to others.
    yoo you and i are on the same page. been at it for 5 years, i think i operate on reverse psychology though... so it would be a different story if i forced myself to quit or went on a regiment. cigarettes smell gross to other people, but i like it when a man smokes.

check out bill hicks on youtube talking about smoking. hilarious shyte

oh what i really meant is, congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    but i like it when a man smokes.
    ix-nay on the iking-lay, not helping!! LOL
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    ix-nay on the iking-lay, not helping!! LOL
    1101111 1101111 1110000 1110011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12