OT: Day 3 No cigarettes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Day 3 No cigarettes

Not going as badly as I had anticipated...never smoked too too much, but for the past year been killing about half a pack a day, figured it was time to stop. I'm sure there are a few people out there who've gone through it, any words of wisdom or encouragement are welcome

DON'T SMOKE!!!!

(If you smoke, you stink...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No matter how hard it gets it will get better, I quit after smoking for 15 years and it was pretty tough for the first week. After that it's all history. I used gum to keep my mouth occupied.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

One day at a time brother. It's been 3 weeks for me. If you're like me, don't even have "just one" when you're out with friends drinking. 1 always leads to 2 and then before you know it, you're buying packs again. Believe me, I've been "quitting" smoking most of my adult life. This time I can truly call my self a quitter.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

I used to smoke Lucky Strikes. They stopped making them and I bought hookah, and was into that for a few years.

Now Im smoking e-cigarettes. Considerably safer, you exhale fat amounts of water vapor, and the taste is absolutely incredible. Best of all, it isn't subject to smoking bans, so I can bust it out in a bar, club, airport, airplane, apartment, etc. The one I got cost me $50, and it's great in every possible way I can think of. Hell of alot cheaper too.

Plus, it can be used as a way to quit smoking since you can adjust the nicotine content

Either way dude keep it up, cigarettes are fucking gross. Except when you're drunk, hanging out with friends, and want that fat nicotine buzz.

Hell yeah. Congratulations.
    To you non-smokers 2 days may seem like a really short time for accolades. But as a smoker, who is constantly trying to quit, the first two days are very hard.
    Keep it up man, and since i'm out of smokes now, i think i'll try to quit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    DON'T SMOKE!!!!

(If you smoke, you stink...)
    hell yea now i stopped (1 year ago) i can see how bad its smell and stick hard to any object you live with.
    And its always good to stop smoking for your immune system/gain vitamins and its will help not to make your skin getting old faster.
    And for canadien its help our tax ... i hate paying for ppl who dosent care about their life and fill the hospital.
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

I've "quit" smoking probably 80 times this year alone.

But if you're on day 3, it's only gonna get easier. Props to you man.

*goes outside for a smoke*
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Been almost exactly a year since I quit smoking. I only usually killed about 1/2 pack a day also, but it wasn't easy to quit to say the least. I still get cravings every once in a while, but I know that I feel a hell of a lot better and don't stink all the time. Gained a few pounds, cause everything tastes better and sympathy weight from my wife being prego, but that's easy to fix compared to the smoking part.

Keep on it, you won't regret it. Think of all the extra gear and tracks you could buy since you won't have to shell out thousands a year on cigs :-)

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Never did understand the whole smoking thing, but I do have a lot of respect for those that manage to cut the cord.

Stick to your guns, we're pulling for you.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast