I had a dream about technics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I had a dream about technics

I a dream that Technics with a usb port and removable tone arm were released. The tone arm could be put back on to use it as a regular tt or it could be taken off and used as a controller OR both could be used in unison and you could switch back and forth between the two. There was also a novation dicer esque device built into it too. Random dream because I've never thought about this while awake before. Just thought I'd share that.

When you go back to sleep tonight do us a favor and see if you can figure out a price or release date? ;P

Tech Wizard

Default :O)

B)
    hahahaha

that's funny, i had a mash up conversation about technics the other night, saying they should bring out the nuts controller (you know, the vestax 3000 or whatever).

Put HID platters on them that had that turntable styling...

They'd kill it!!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quest View Post
    I a dream that Technics with a usb port and removable tone arm were released. The tone arm could be put back on to use it as a regular tt or it could be taken off and used as a controller OR both could be used in unison and you could switch back and forth between the two. There was also a novation dicer esque device built into it too. Random dream because I've never thought about this while awake before. Just thought I'd share that.
    sounds like you were thinking of the Gemini CDT-05 hybrid turntable

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/cdt-05.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PIwg5fs4W8
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Seriously though, why don't technics come out with the nuts controller and just smash it... everyone would want a technics 2020 HID Controller... all silver with the trademark platter pattern. super dope

like their cdjs but scaled down.

A bit like the american audio one but technics and proper...

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/american_audio/VMS4

*drools*

I'd drop a grand on that straight away
    Last edited by MaxOne; 07-06-2010 at 05:25 AM.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

That Technics sure was sweet looking. Too bad it was poorly implemented -- a mere shadow of the real 1200s. It would be amazing if they took some of those ideas and put together a controller that had a 10" spinning platter that felt like the real thing. But I guess Numark has beaten them to that punch...

I think pioneer mashed the cdj market and left technics a little bruised, but i swear they're a sleeping giant (or dying giant) and they should just bring out a dope series of controllers and hammer the scene...

they wont though... so it's all just a pointless dream

So I take it that the gemini thing is a bit rubbish? Is it me or do all of the people making mediums for playing music are all just shy of the mark all the time?

Vestax, A&H, NI etc all non comital to a 4 channel, jog wheel boasting controller for Midi.

Pioneer, Vestax again, Technics hookin us up with sweet digi control platers that work perfectly on HID support.......

the list goes on???
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Vestax, A&H, NI etc all non comital to a 4 channel, jog wheel boasting controller for Midi.
    A&H has exactly that with the Xone DX.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast