Swedish House Mafia Remix

Default Swedish House Mafia Remix

I just sat down and worked on this Swedish House Mafia- One remix. It's been a while since I've remixed a track (or completed a remix I was somewhat satisfied with at least). This one is kind of a long dj edit type version around (9 minutes long almost I think). I may make a shorter edit. It's a ruff draft as I'm unable to do a proper mixdown or master right now since I don't have monitors at the moment. It would help a lot if you could let me know how it sounds on your speakers though. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kid Quest; 07-04-2010 at 03:48 AM.

Banned

Where are the samples available at?

Tech Convert

Drums sound really overcompressed. I find it lacks any tension. One is one of those tracks that just makes you really feel something so trying to make a remix and keep that tension and feeling is not an easy task.

^^ and as Nephew asked, where did you find samples? or did you edit the wav/aiff file yourself?

Yeah thanks AndiSpence. I'm going to work on creating more tension and shorten it up some. I'm an idiout and I accidentally compressed the drums twice. I'll re work it a bit and repost it. Also, yeah. There's plenty of parts in One where individual instruments are playing in One, so I just edited myself.

Tech Mentor

guess you haven't uploaded a new version
    but I listened to your other stuff
    really liked the blah blah blah mashup

did you use the actual track, or stems?

Thanks for checking out my stuff. I appreciate it. The actual track. As with the swedish house mafia remix. I sampled from the parts where there was just the vocals. I've got a ton of other mashups like that I made. I use them when I play out alot.. I'll skim through them and upload some of the better ones. I've been busy with school, so it's delayed my progress on this track. Plus I'm working on my next mix and some original tracks. I'll probably upload the mashups, mix, and remix all at once.

Does anyone have the stems they could email to me? I cant seem to find them anymore.