Don't read you if just want passby !!!
    Tech Convert

Default Don't read you if just want passby !!!

Dear all

I;m gonna use Ableton Live 8 APC40 and DJM-800 , do i need sound card for 4 channels or its doesn't matter in Ableton? what do you recommend guys for good quality sound card , do i need Mapping for DJM-800 aswell?

regards,

i think yes on the soundcard, but not sure about the djm mapping. possibly

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Here's a thread about midi mapping the 800 with a mapping in it. The little bit of stuff I've read about the 800 is that it's kind of limited as a midi controller.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11271

I'm currently lusting over the Denon DN-X1600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-WFN...eature=related
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Depends on if you want to use the DJM as a midi controller or a mixer. It does both rather well, but not at once. If you opt to use it as a mixer, you'd need a four out soundcard.

I would probably run a 4 channel setup if that was my gear, having the apc40 as clip launcher and effects section, having dummy clips on every other track, and using the faders for effect parameters. Then doing the mixing on the 800.

It's a rather large setup thou, might want to thing about how you'd set that up in a tight booth.

Tech Convert

thanks all guys ,

Tech Convert

well yeah i'm gonna use apc40 as a launcher and effect , and djm 800 only for mixing , i'm still lost becuz the sound card becuz i don't know much about ableton still reading n stuff , so does this setup support 4 channel or its depends on sound card?

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Depends on if you want to use the DJM as a midi controller or a mixer. It does both rather well, but not at once. If you opt to use it as a mixer, you'd need a four out soundcard.

I would probably run a 4 channel setup if that was my gear, having the apc40 as clip launcher and effects section, having dummy clips on every other track, and using the faders for effect parameters. Then doing the mixing on the 800.

It's a rather large setup thou, might want to thing about how you'd set that up in a tight booth.

If you are only using the DJM as a midi controller (no DJM effects etc) then you'll only need a 2 stereo channel soundcard (one for master, one for monitor).

If you are going to send the audio out to the DJM as seperate channels for mixing you'll need a four stereo channel coundcard.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud