Site suggestion: Hardware Mods Gallery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Site suggestion: Hardware Mods Gallery

Anyone seen the controllers subforum recently? There are some amazing custom controllers being built there, which made me think that it's a shame there isn't somewhere on the site that they can be easily viewed.

So how about a new section on the site for user submitted hardware mods? Ucapps do it, so why not us?

edit: and yeah, I know there's a sticky thread already, but I'm talking about a proper section (perhaps somewhere in the blog or a nice AJAX photo gallery thing.

+1

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

+11111

big props to those who did DIY projects, to bluid a controller is still a dream for me.

Hmm dont know where it would fit in, theres a sticky thread in the gear forum already here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250

Dont know if we can do much better than that really

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Hmm dont know where it would fit in, theres a sticky thread in the gear forum already here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250

Dont know if we can do much better than that really
    top bar under the header? call it mod gallery, and users can submit photos of their gear. be simple enough to create one more little page running a flickr widget...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

exactly BradCee - would be much nicer if all the pix were in a proper photo album, rather than stored inside a massive 2 year old+ sticky thread imo.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    exactly BradCee - would be much nicer if all the pix were in a proper photo album, rather than stored inside a massive 2 year old+ sticky thread imo.
    I agree with you milo!

We are used to the forum layout, but most of the people are not... Foruns are a bit too geek (early adopters) to target everyone and i think it will stay at the early adopers parte of the curve forever...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    Somebody will have to maintain the album or it will look just like the forum thread within a few months...

Also it would require "acceptance criteria" to keep it at a certain standard. Therefore it is either closed (you submit your ideas to the maintainer) or open (the maintainer goes in and sweeps out the "lower grade stuff" periodically).

Opinions?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I think we should continue to post pictures to the controller subforum and then a moderator should choose the best ones to be featured in the photo gallery. Obviously this is asking quite a lot of the moderators so perhaps anyone on here who sees a worthy mod/picture could drop the mods a PM with the url or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast