the HiQ and ECO Key Lock modes switched in Traktor Pro?

Default the HiQ and ECO Key Lock modes switched in Traktor Pro?

Am I out of my mind? We tested the key lock settings in Serato and Traktor and I swear the best results from the bunch we got were in Traktor Pro, with the Key Lock quality on ECO and the Mode set to Normal.
    When we used HiQ quality, the music was muffled in the bass, and had a general squashed sound, and would also clip, even if the track didn't clip with key lock off.
    Anyone else? Could the settings between ECO and HiQ be swapped? Thats what it seemed like to us.
    We were A-B-C testing between a Pioneer DVJ-X1, Traktor Pro with Audio2DJ, and Serato with SL-3.
    thanks,
    DJ Erik T

Not here
    Traktor version?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Im running Traktor Pro 1.2.6 on a MacBookPro 2.4 C2D. Try this as a test. Load a track with a real strong house kick , like Guetta - "Love Is Gone (Fred Rister)". Without Key Lock, put the gain almost all the way up so its right below the top below the red clip meter in the Master. Then raise the pitch +5, then turn on Key Lock. Then change between the key lock quality settings ECO and HiQ. In HiQ, the track clips and the kicks get lost. In ECO, it all comes back.

ECO sounds a little grittier but bright and open bass. HiQ sounds smooth, but muffled and flattened bass.

I dunno, thats just me and my ears. I now use ECO when before I left Key Lock off.

Anyone spinning mainstream electro house having the same experience?

Default stumped

hmm... no one else experiencing this problem. Wow. It was so friggin night and day at our club. In the kind of music I play, kick is king. So for the Key Lock to mess with where the kick sits drove me nuts. Switching to ECO mode helped.
    anyone have a vibe on the different colors that the key lock produces? the color im experiencing is called 'crap' but thats just me.
    -Erik 'hellastumped' T

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't have any problems with keylock. There's as much as 6% difference in my latest mix in my sig and there's a lot of pitch fader work in this one to with keylock on the whole time in both of them. You don't need to listen to the whole thing just skim through them and tell me if you hear problems.

http://soundcloud.com/photojojo/the-...e-and-the-hare
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If you turn on HiQ....its stands to reason that it is going to use more CPU.

Your Mac seems to be spec'ed up....so i dunno.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin