Semi OT : Won mau5 tix

Default Semi OT : Won mau5 tix

I have been a fan of the mau5 for sometime (his electro and tech house more then the progressive) and have wanted to see him live at some point. Closest he has come is to Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary so I have not had much of a chance to see him until now or July 11 rather.

He is booked into Kelowna, BC and I won 2 tickets to the show on Canada Day

Thought I would share my excitement. Plus "If" there are any DJTT'sians that may be at the show we should get your people in touch with my people and we could do a beer in the beer gardens!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Nice man. A bunch of my friends went and saw him with Designer Drugs in Chicago on July 2nd. I guess it was a pretty wild time. I could have gone but to be honest I'm not the biggest Deadmau5 fan.

Would have been cool to see Designer Drugs though.

Have fun! Wish I would have gone!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

I had tickets to see him July 5 in Atlantic City, NJ. Unfortunately, due (somehow) to a P. Diddy event at the same venue the night before, the mau5 performance was canceled. I have been extremely bummed about it ever since.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Nice man. A bunch of my friends went and saw him with Designer Drugs in Chicago on July 2nd. I guess it was a pretty wild time. I could have gone but to be honest I'm not the biggest Deadmau5 fan.

Would have been cool to see Designer Drugs though.

Have fun! Wish I would have gone!
    i missed out on designer drugs bc of finals...and i knew all the ppl htat booked them and promoted for their event too...stupid school

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

dude.. i saw him @ coachella this year, and hard haunted mansion before that. he's awesome. especially with his new cheese cube!
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Mentor

saw him in NYC
    he had 4 hours of opening acts
    2 hours maybe acceptable, but I didn't pay that much to stand 4 hours listening to crap that I didn't ask for

When he came on it was good, but some jackasses high as kites in the front row(where I was) acting like complete twats ruined it for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by faeruithir View Post
    saw him in NYC
    he had 4 hours of opening acts
    2 hours maybe acceptable, but I didn't pay that much to stand 4 hours listening to crap that I didn't ask for

When he came on it was good, but some jackasses high as kites in the front row(where I was) acting like complete twats ruined it for a lot of people
    ooh was that the gig at webster hall or terminal 5?

Yeah I think the show is going to be about the same (3 hours of acts) for us in Kelowna as well since the event starts @ 3pm and end 10:30pm.
    They include some local DJS, who are part of the hosting group. They are also the ones responsible for booking him in both Edmonton and Calgary.
    MC Flipside is actually one of the opening acts though so that should not be to bad.

Its all outdoors so I am hoping for good weather. This is the stage he will be playing on...

Kelowna Amphitheatre

which is situated right on Okanagan lake
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    ooh was that the gig at webster hall or terminal 5?
    This was the one at terminal 5 around last thanksgiving