Why, in your opinion, don't people wear ear plugs? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Guru

The main reason for me and for most Brazilians is that they (the earplugs for DJs/Producers) are still very expensive and not found in every corner...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    I'm gonna say that for the most part people just don't care. The large majority of the club scene is 18-30 (for the most part) and typically speaking most teenagers and 20-somethings don't care about hearing damage.

Being someone who is partially deaf in one ear, I always worry about more hearing loss. Given my obsession with producing music (and just listening to music in general), I can't afford any more of it.

If you want to invest in some ear plugs that are fitted and don't muffle the sound too much, I suggest you go to the doctor, they'll be able to steer you in the right direction. They also are not obnoxious colors, making them harder to see, especially in a dark setting like a night club.

(It's also worth noting that half the people at clubs and/or concerts are drunk or on drugs, which is going to make you care less about ear plugs and such).

I just realized this post may have made me sound like an old man. Oops.
    I agree with you lam. I run a commercial studio and I rely heavily on my hearing. I purchased some $50 blockers work amazingly. The cut off db's once they hit around a certain level, so you can still hear people fine when your not completely in the dance floor. They fit snug and you can hardly see them, especially in a club setting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345