about drunk ppl talkin to u when u play in the club
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default about drunk ppl talkin to u when u play in the club

I regulary read this thread on the scratch forum as there is loads of fun in it http://scratchlive.net/forum/discuss...ssion_id=20955

and some of that thread was recently goin in the direction of requests, so I was just wondering how u guys deal with ppl and requests?

Im constantly havin ppl comin up to me and trying to talk to me when im quein tracks with my headphones on, and nowadays I just give them pen and paper, solves 2 things, I can work/mix without beeing botherd by some drunk screaming in my ear or trying to sing(omg) and I have a note to remind me about waht track they wanted to hear(my memory is rly rly bad, if im talkin to ppl, the second they step away I have forgotten what they wanted) and if it fits the flow, ill try to get it in.

as a bonus, u can get weird notes with phonenumbers, strange letters and words that dont exist and so on

so how do u handle it?
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Smile nod yes then usually disregard . Although if I'm feeling nice I'll take some requests from hot girls . Guys that make requests are punks in my book .

The biggest and most annoying thing I hate is when someone request something that is way on the opposite spectrum of what you are currently play. Playing industrial and they request 50 cent or something... yes this happens.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

It never fails, right when I'm in the middle of cross fading and keeping the beat matched I get ppl talking to me!!! LOL!! I just give them the "give me a sec" hand gesture but they keep talking so I just nod like I know what they told me. Mean while my headphones are on and I can't hear a word they said!
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Quote Originally Posted by groovemixer View Post
    It never fails, right when I'm in the middle of cross fading and keeping the beat matched I get ppl talking to me!!! LOL!! I just give them the "give me a sec" hand gesture but they keep talking so I just nod like I know what they told me. Mean while my headphones are on and I can't hear a word they said!
    Word.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

lol i hate it. I never tried the pen and paper thing I really should, because it really erks me when I am cueing up my tracks and some dude is screaming can you play soulja boy.

But usually i will be like yea I will work it in the mix but by then after the next couple songs they forget so I am good to go.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Back in the days when I used to have a lot of gigs, I hated it. I just spoke to them in a language that I knew they would not talk. German has never failed me outside Germany.

One time there was this Twat in Denmark though, that THOUGHT he knew German, and fuck that was annoying. I mean, his German was REALLY REALLY bad... I got rid of him by playing a track he wanted (Which luckily was planned in my set anyways)... MORONS!

Yeah, and those who come up and wish for some Rick Astley in a Techno/House club, they should become shot in the head! RAGE!!

Oh, and dont you just hate those Trainspotters?! DAYEM! lolz

i've got a few rihanna, thingthings requests during my techouse / mnml sets. i'm always verry supriced that people could ask such records in the club that they are @ the deejay who is playing. what are they thinking ?!?

but it all depends on who is asking off course but mostly for guys i just ask the bouncer to remove them from the club because they're not comming for the music

awnsering which record i'm playing i don't mind it's always the same timecode vinyl of trakor
    organic is the word of 2009
    www.dj-wb.com
    www.readthefuckingmanual.com
    setup: reloop rp 6000, xone 92 & 1D, traktor scratch 3.4

the aabsolute worst is when they don't know what they want and ask what i have in my library? like im fucking uploading some tracks to your ipod. the funniest is the dudes who are like man my girlfriend wants this song she'll love you forever... ok when can i fuck her?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

My favorite lately has been
    "Hi, can you play something I can dance to?"
    "Like what?"
    "Something like synthpoppy?"
    "Can you name a band?"
    "*blank stare*"
    "Um... how's about something like Apoptygma Berzerk?"
    "Yeah, play <insert obscure song I've never heard in a club before>!"
    "Uh... how's about Starsign?"
    "Who's that by?"
    "Apop"
    "No, I don't want to hear them. Can you play Combichrist?"
    (to self) "I hate you. I hate you so fucking much right now *plays Combichrist*"
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast