New Pioneer CDJ-850 Announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    what a monstrously large hunk of crap.

seriously, Technics took the right road. keep the product line simple. "we serve the good shit, and the premium shit. take a pick"

Pioneer on the other hand has been burping out the most ridiculously expensive, redundant and thoughtless shit. Isn't the CDJ-350 like $800?, why the hell wouldn't I just buy a used CDJ-1000 MK3 at that price (yes, they sell at that price). And the CDJ-850 like Gianmarco said isn't that far behind the CDJ-900. Why bother with the CDJ-850, you're already blowing that much money anyway, get the nice one for a little more.

This isn't the first time they released something pointless. Anyone here remember the elusive DMP-555?
    yep, in my opinion the main difference between all their CDJs is th elook and some more knobs (if any...). They make way to many products.

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

as of current:

CDJ-200
    CDJ-350
    CDJ-400
    CDJ-800
    CDJ-850
    CDJ-900
    CDJ-1000MK3
    CDJ-2000

I'm not saying their products are shit, but how many ways can you really play a CD lmao. They should just cut the bullshit and make a straight up controller, and get rid of half that shit. I'm sure 2/3 of the reason why they have all these redundant products is small/moderate technological differences they are trying to implement. Just go balls deep and make a damn controller, and go back to making CD decks that aren't trying to be swiss army knives.

Some would argue that they release all these different decks to accommodate consumer price point. It's Pioneer - there is no price point.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    as of current:

CDJ-200
    CDJ-350
    CDJ-400
    CDJ-800
    CDJ-850
    CDJ-900
    CDJ-1000MK3
    CDJ-2000

I'm not saying their products are shit, but how many ways can you really play a CD lmao. They should just cut the bullshit and make a straight up controller, and get rid of half that shit. I'm sure 2/3 of the reason why they have all these redundant products is small/moderate technological differences they are trying to implement. Just go balls deep and make a damn controller, and go back to making CD decks that aren't trying to be swiss army knives.

Some would argue that they release all these different decks to accommodate consumer price point. It's Pioneer - there is no price point.
    *Day after the CDJ-2000 is released*

"Introducing the brand new CDJ-2000MK3. It is so much better that we decided to skip the MK2 all together! The highlight new feature is the new longer pitch-bend fader. Now twice as long! Because we listen to what our customers want, its no surprise that we decided to extend the pitch fader so that it is longer then the unit itself! GET YOUR PITCH BENDING ON!

Get yours today for only $2099!***"

*** Additional power supply needed for the high powered pitch bend not included. Some parts assembly required. Chocking hazard for children under the age of 3. Pioneer® is not responsible for any injuries that may be acquired through its use.
    Last edited by GPS; 07-09-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I'm sure Pioneer are gonna end up doing their own legs over HID eventually. People will get used to the HID and realise they've just basically bought a souped up controller.

You can get TPro + a VCI-100 + Audio2 for about £580 notes. It most respects it'll do more than 2x850s plus a DJM-800 + TPro. The FX are better, I can map it exactly how I want etc. Also I can fit this solution into pretty much any booth.

The Pioneer solution has some advantages (higher resolution knobs, waveform and track info on the controller). But it would cost almost £3,000.

Pioneer will lose sales to homes. Then, when home users take their setup to play out in a single laptop bag and venue owners see that their expensive equipment isn't being utilised as much, Pioneer will lose venue sales too.

I'd expect the market forces of supply and demand to drive the prices of Pioneer equipment down. Either that or they go bust eventually.

$0.02
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    It is so much better that we decided to skip the Mk2 all together!
    quote of the day lol

*** Additional power supply needed for the high powered pitch bend not included. Some parts assembly required. Chocking hazard for children under the age of 3. Pioneer® is not responsible for any injuries that may be acquired through its use.
    Whoa. LOL
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I'm sure Pioneer are gonna end up doing their own legs over HID eventually. People will get used to the HID and realise they've just basically bought a souped up controller.

You can get TPro + a VCI-100 + Audio2 for about £580 notes. It most respects it'll do more than 2x850s plus a DJM-800 + TPro. The FX are better, I can map it exactly how I want etc. Also I can fit this solution into pretty much any booth.

The Pioneer solution has some advantages (higher resolution knobs, waveform and track info on the controller). But it would cost almost £3,000.

Pioneer will lose sales to homes. Then, when home users take their setup to play out in a single laptop bag and venue owners see that their expensive equipment isn't being utilised as much, Pioneer will lose venue sales too.

I'd expect the market forces of supply and demand to drive the prices of Pioneer equipment down. Either that or they go bust eventually.

$0.02
    while i do agree somewhat (most of) what you have said, i can't really see clubs stopping from buying pioneer's gear.

that will only happen if/when pioneer stop sponsoring all the big names in the dj world... and there's always some douchebag wanna be dj that will go and buy X & Y pioneer products because DJ x-x-x only uses pioneer's products X & Y

if anything when it comes to upgrading or replacing equipment the venue owners of clubs and bars that dont have big names travelling through their booths will 'downgrade' by installing cdj-400's and such. i have already seen it happen in a few bars around Melbourne over the last 18 months or so.

a cdj 350 or 400 is enough cd player for 99% of dj's anyway IMHO

Tech Mentor

ZERO cue points/hot cues? What the hell are these guys thinking lol...

Tech Mentor

thats comes out to 1200 USD, thats only 100$ less than the 900....
    Yer it doesn't work that way, it's $999 and we in the UK get an inflated price. If it just went off the exchange rate we should get it in the UK for £650 but we dont!

CDJ-850 Aussie street price rumored to be $1000AUD at launch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast